Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bicyclegirl1

sink cabinet size...can I go up?

bicyclegirl1
10 years ago

I've been looking for a sink since I'm getting ready to order my cabinets soon, but am having trouble finding a sink that will fit my base. I have been planning on a 30" sink cabinet, but after looking for a sink, I can't find one that I like that will fit in it. I just want a square SS undermount single. They go from 30" down to something like a 26", or even 24". That is just too small. I have all of my plumbing & electricity in the walls now, so will I blow it if I end up ordering a 32" sink cabinet? Will 2" cause a huge problem w/ where my plumbing &/or electric are now for the 30"? My DW is going to the left of my sink cab & drawers to the right. Any advice?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments (5)

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

Blanco supersingle is 26.5" interior width, plenty big for me. Sits in 30" base with no cutting of cabinets walls.

I don't have a good photo of my sink handy but here is a link to willtv's kitchen who has the same sink.

Part Number 441024
    Item Weight 19.7 pounds
    Product Dimensions 18 x 28 x 9 inches
    Item model number BL441024
    Color Stainless Steel
    Style no-rimming
    Finish Refined Brushed Finish (RBF)
    Material Stainless Steel
    Installation Method undermount
    Item Package Quantity 1
    Warranty Description Limited Lifetime Warranty

It says its a 28" but in reality in the interior measurement is 26.5". Largest sink I could find to fit my 30" base that was reasonably priced.

Here is a link that might be useful: blanco supersingle

This post was edited by debrak2008 on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 14:47

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

My Blanco is 28" and fits easily in my 30" base. But it is rectangular, not square. The closest I saw to square in that size, when searching myself, would have been a D-shaped sink.

I don't think that enlarging the sink base will mess up the plumbing or electrical, as long as the new site of the cab wall doesn't interfere with those things; but you will have to steal the space from your drawers; maybe also from whatever is on the other side of the DW so it could be moved down too.

• bicyclegirl1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both. I'm sorry that I said "square", I actually meant rectangle! Blonde!! I didn't see this sink, so I appreciate your posts. I really like the Krause rectangle w/ the lines/creases(?) on the bottom of the sink. I think it's such a pretty sink. I have a friend that has one & I love it. But, they only go down to 30", or much lower & that just isn't going to work for my 30" base cabinet. raee, my dishwasher is at the end of the run w/ nothing on the side of it. So, if I went to a 32" base, I think I'd be ok because of that. I just want to make sure my plumbing & electrical won't be compromised. It looks like it should be ok, but I want to make sure someone doesn't prove me wrong! I am, by no means, a carpenter/builder kind of person that would be aware of something that could be a problem.

debra, thanks for the link. I'm a visual person, so that helps me tremendously. It looks very nice in that kitchen.

It sounds like you both are very happy with your sinks, so that's good to hear. I appreciate you letting me know of another option.

This post was edited by bicyclegirl on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 15:36

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

Blonde!! LOL Hope you find a nice Rectangular sink :)

• bicyclegirl1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks lav!