Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleeyesgw

Help with Picking Color of Silgranit Sink

PurpleEyes_GW
10 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen. We ordered Medallion Park Place cabinets in Divinity White. And we have picked Bianco Romano granite for the counters. We like the Blanco Silgranit Super Single sink, but we cannot decide on a color! I like the darker colors best. My husband, not so much. I like the slight sparkle that the anthracite and metallic gray have, but I'm not sure either of those work with the granite. I like cinder and truffle colors, but I know the cinder has no sparkle, and I'm not sure about truffle.

We are horrible at picking colors, so I was hoping for some imput!

Also, we are putting down porcelain plank tiles for the flooring, however we can't quite decide on those either! Ugh, this kitchen remodeling stuff is harder than we thought!

Here's our granite slab:
{{!gwi}}

Comments (24)

• Nattygirl6
    10 years ago

Call up Blanco America... they will send you a free sample of their colors. 1-888-668-6201. It takes about a week to receive.

I was undecided between the metallic gray and truffle and it helped having the samples to compare next to the granite. I personally did not like the sparkle in the metallic gray, so i went with the truffle.

This post was edited by Nattygirl6 on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 13:45

• PurpleEyes_GW
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! I just ordered them!

How do you like the truffle? That's my husband's preferred color.

• fishymom
    10 years ago

I waffled between the Truffle and Cafe Brown, finally chose the brown because I liked the way it looked with our granite better. But I love the Truffle, it looks great in every application I have seen!

• Nattygirl6
    10 years ago

Check out this post... she has a pic of the samples and they look pretty true to color.
    "http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg011313418835.html?1"

I love my truffle sink. I think its a beautiful color and blends nicely with a lot of different colored granite.

• Amy Sumner
    10 years ago

We have the metallic grey and love the little bit of sparkle. It's really not that apparent, unless you are on top of the sink. Shows no dirt or grime. Awesome.

• PurpleEyes_GW
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! Once I get the color samples, I will compare them directly to my slabs. Anyone have any suggestions just based off my photo? I'm a bit challenged when it comes to this stuff!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I vacillated between trufle and cafe brown until DM said boring for trufle. Lol

• andreak100
    10 years ago

Purple Eyes - you'll want to take photos with the samples and show us. It's hard to tell without seeing the samples with the stone.

• PurpleEyes_GW
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay I'll post pictures when I get the samples next to the stone. Thanks everyone.

• PurpleEyes_GW
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Of course Blanco America doesn't have truffle chip samples available at the moment! Just my luck!

• PurpleEyes_GW
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay so I finally received the metallic gray, cinder, and cafe brown samples. As I mentioned previously, they did not have any truffle samples in stock unfortunately.

So here are some pictures of the metallic gray and cinder against my stone (I didn't think the cafe brown worked):

Thoughts anyone??

• fishymom
    10 years ago

I like the dark one!

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

I did not think the metallic grey one was available in an undermount sink. Perhaps that is just in Canada where we live. We ended up researching other composite granite sink makers to have a few more colour options to consider in addition to Blanco colour options.

Carol

• ardcp
    10 years ago

we went to a plumbing supply for our silgranite sink and faucet. check the blanco site and see if you have a showroom near you that has some displays because seeing the sinks set up with counters and faucets was really helpful. i was deciding between cinder and anthracite or possibly metallic gray. in person the cinder looks darker and more matte than your pic and the metallic was very pretty with some sparkle which is what we liked about the anthracite.

• PurpleEyes_GW
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ardcp, unfortunately all our local dealers only have the color chips. The handful of sinks that I've been able to find are always cafe brown! If I was interested in cafe brown, I wouldn't be able to find it ;-) So which color did you go with, Ardcp?

• xc60
    10 years ago

I really like the darker one with your granite.

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

I have a feeling the truffle is going to be just right! Either of the ones you have there would work but I think the truffle would be the perfect one. Will you be able to get a sample of that in the future? Or could you take a chip of your granite to the showroom or somewhere where they have a truffle something whether a sink or chip? Maybe someone could loan you one who has the chips and doesn't need them anymore. Fingers crossed for you!

• LE
    10 years ago

I had to wait a while for my truffle sample, too. Ended up going with a lighter color, so I don't need it any more. I'll send it to you if you like. It does look like it might be a good option if you don't want the sparkle (based on holding it up to your pix, which is of questionable reliability!)

• ardcp
    10 years ago

purpleeyes-we went with anthracite. our granite is called crema antartida and has a cream and gray/tan background with a lot of black markings. it reminds me of ink splots and bird feet in the ink. anhtracite was a nice contrast. i liked the cinder but my husband really liked the mica flecks vs the matte finish. metallic gray was lovely but too light for my stone.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

I like the cinder better than the metallic gray with your stone, but I also think the truffle might be even better. FWIW, I own two metallic gray sinks and am so in love with them. It's been 2.5 years and I still remark to myself regularly about how much I love them. I'm a wacky kitchen geek. :)

• PurpleEyes_GW
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I think in leaning towards cinder, I like the darker color, I just wish it had a little sparkle.

And Lori, thank you so much for the offer! My vendor has a color chip that they are willing to lend me for an hour to run to the granite yard, but I'm just not sure I like the truffle in general. Meaning I like the contrast between the granite and the darker sink. But I think the anthracite would be too dark...

• andreak100
    10 years ago

PurpleEyes - I don't know if you've made your final decision yet, but when we were looking at cinder vs metallic grey with the small sample, I worried too about cinder not having sparkle....as it turns out, we went with the cinder and I'm actually happy without the sparkle. :)

Now, if only Blanco would make matching colored grids (or even one that isn't shiny chrome) for the different colored sinks, I'd be a very happy woman.

• PurpleEyes_GW
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Andreak100, I went with cinder too :-) Do you like your grid? I don't have one and wonder if I should...