Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a "jump to last post" button

Posted by localeater (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 13:36

As I am following some pretty long threads right now, this thought keeps running through my mind. I am probably a dummy, but I figured out that if I hit END on my PC it will take me to the bottom of the page, not the last post, but lots closer than the top.
Sharing in case this information helps anyone else.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wouldn't it be nice if there was a "jump to last post" button

Oh, I didn't know to do that. I just drag my cursor on my mouse (yea I still use a mouse) down the sidebar and it gets me to the bottom pretty quickly.

o

This works on a PC: CTRL+END.

I'd love to know the shortcut if there is one, for an iPad.

o

Way cool - will have to try it!
Wait - was is an end key - just looked at the Mac keyboard doesn't have such a key.... I am sure there is a mate somewhere.
Thanks!

o
RE: Wouldn't it be nice if there was a "jump to last post" butto

Wow- my first try
Command and the down arrow took me to the end on my MBA!
Might work on the ipad also - as long as you can pull up the keyboard.

o

It doesn't work on the ipad, no.

Incidentally, command+up arrow will take you back to the top of a page, too, on the mac, but again, not on the ipad.

o

Very cool, localeater. And thanks to the Mac folks for translating that to Mac-ese.

o

And I just found out that command+side arrow takes you back or forward a page. Thanks for bringing this topic up. I learned something today:)

o

writersblock, Google "scroll to end iPad" and you will find your solution (if you use Safari for a browser as I do). It was easy to set up and you add it to your bookmark bar. Works great!

o

Hey, thanks, linelle.

o

l always select Post a Follow-up to get to the bottom of a thread.

o

I'm getting frustrated by this also as I try to read and research tile options in my own thread. I always wondered about a "scroll to bottom" option on the ipad as I was used to the keystrokes to find the end of the page on a PC. Thanks for the tip, Linelle! It took me about 4 tries on google before I found a site that explained how to create the bookmarklet. Most sites said it couldn't be done.

o

Can't help with the iPAD, but on my laptop I hold the arrow over the scroll bar and right click. There is a pop up window and I click on bottom to get me to bottom of page.

o

I would not steer you wrong, Breezy. :)

o

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm always up for learning shortcuts on my Mac or iPad. You all are the best with sharing helpful info. Thanks GWers!

o

Another forum I am on tracks which posts your computer has loaded before, and provides a "Jump to last read post" button. That, I find, is REALLY nice.

o

Tracie.erin: that sounds like heaven.
Breezy: it was your backsplash thread that was making me crazy today. I am following it avidly!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here