Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite/least favorite TV chef kitchens?

Posted by fishymom (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 13:33

I have had the cooking/food channels on a bit lately and have been looking a little closer at the kitchen sets. A lot of them are interesting, but I think the eclectic Rachel Ray 30 Minute Meals set is my favorite. I wouldn't want it for my own kitchen, doesn't match my house, but I really love the colorful look. My least favorite is Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, I really dislike the look of that kitchen. I find all the clutter very distracting and claustrophobic, definitely not for me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite/least favorite TV chef kitchens?

It's not food network but on Create TV there is an Irish guy... Kevin Dundin with the most gorgeous kitchen!

o

I enjoy Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond's kitchen. I just feel like cooking seeing all her space. My favorite item in her kitchen, which isn't shown in the slide presentation however, is her custom painted Kitchenaid Stand Mixer, done by a gal in my town.

At the moment there is a online slide show of the kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pioneer Woman Kitchen

o

I LOVE Laura Calder's kitchen on French Food at Home. All those windows on the sink wall! It's my dream! I don't think I have a least favorite.

o

Sandra Lee! She has given me many moments of youtube hilarity. I have posted a link below to her infamous Kwanzaa Cake.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kwanzaa cake

This post was edited by robotropolis on Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 15:07

o

I also love Pioneer Woman's kitchen and I too love her KA!!! Also like Giada's ocean front kitchen with windows in the backsplash area...beautiful, clean, breezy looking kitchen!!

o

Least favorite is Rachael Ray's. I like the Barefoot Contessa's kitchen, can't think of her name right now.

o

OMG, Robotropolis! I didn't know! OMG!!

I think my favorite TV kitchen was The Galloping Gourmet, and mostly because they showed the audience instead of pretending it wasn't a set.

Agreed with Gr8day that Ina Garten's TV kitchen is nice. It's efficient and pleasant rather than goopy and weird (some TV kitchens look like the kitchens in flooring ads--all about showing the center rather than actually cooking).

o

I really like the kitchen Sara Moulton films her 'Weeknight Meals' in for PBS which I think is her producers. It is so lovely.

Sara Moulton's Weeknight Meals Kitchen photo sara_and_turkey-280x210_zps2b656c15.jpg

The link below has pictures from her own kitchen which is in NYC in an apartment. She just had it remodeled, and it's very pretty too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sara Moulton's Kitchen

o

Ktj- Me too. I love Laura Calder's kitchen, especially with the blue tile!

From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

o

I'm with gr8day....hate Rachel rays, like ina garten's. Oddly, i like lydia's kitchen on pbs.

o

I love Ina Garten's--it's been the biggest inspiration for my remodel. Laura Calder's is also very pretty, and while Ree's isn't exactly my style, it's very welcoming (and I covet that KA!).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here