Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New high end fridge HELP

Posted by lungs414 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 13:25

Having a custom kitchen built. Already decided on a Wolf L series double oven, Wolf frameless electric cooktop, fisher paykal double dish drawer. I have an 18 year old 48" Subzero 590 fridge. Due to the custom cabinets being made and the size and weight of the fridge we are stongly leaning toward a replacement. There is nothing wrong with the unit at all (right now anyway), but who knows and I don't want to deal having to have it removed and replaced later.
I was originally thinking of another subzero but would like some feedback on what 48" fridges are thought of highly. I saw a 48" Liebherr but have no info yet on their quality.
Thanks in advance for any feedback
Rich

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New high end fridge HELP

My DH says if a fridge makes it past year one - it will last forever. I am not sure that is true with the newer fridges with the gizmos.
I have read good reviews on Liebherr - but check them out yourself - the appliance forum might have more on this topic.

o
RE: New high end fridge HELP

If you can make room for 54", then you can get the SZ 27" all fridge and all freezer units. What I really like about those is that on both of them, the bottom two drawers roll out to you, and that's harder to find in the larger columns. Liebherr makes 24" columns, but they don't have the separate drawers. Thermador makes some, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here