Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finishes to match Hansgrohe steel optik or go chrome

Posted by mamameme (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 29, 12 at 13:17

Making some kitchen faucet decisions and I'm trying to figure out what other sink accessory finishes will match well with HG steel optik. For example I'm looking at instant hot spouts that won't clash. I think I'll use their soap dispenser and air gap, if we do one. I saw some air gap soap combos but again have the problem of matching finish.

I'm considering going all chrome for this reason, since it'll be easier to match but DH is leaning the other direction. I'm ok with the optik finish but worried about matching finishes. I suppose I could go chrome on the hot spot versus trying a brushed finish that doesn't much exactly. Im thinking that would be better than having two brushed finishes that are different from each other. My thinking is that way the chrome looks like a deliberate decision. That's how it is now and even though my old faucet is hideous, the hot spout is chrome and a bit off to the right side of the sink in its own neighborhood :)

Please help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finishes to match Hansgrohe steel optik or go chrome

I hesitated about the Hansgrohe steel optik faucet too. I have it on a Blanco stainless steel sink with a KWC Primo stainless steel soap dispenser and I don't see any difference. In the same kitchen is a Blanco stainless steel faucet on an Elkay stainless steel sink with a KWC stainless soap dispenser. they all look fine together to me. None is a mirror finish.

o

I'm struggling with the same decision - matching the steel optik & a hot water dispenser. I've been leaning towards the Franke, but not sure whether to get it in chrome or satin
nickel, or a Waterstone in either the satin chrome or stainless steel.

What did you decide in the end?

o

I went with the steel Optik HG spout and the insinkerator stainless brushed hot spout (forget the exact finish name) and it looks great. I had to go with insinkerator because we were not replacing our hot water heater, just the spout. I'm really happy with it.

Actuallu, I think it's called brushed chrome. As I recall, the satin nickel was quite yellow and wouldn't have have matched the steel Optik.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here