Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should my prep sink faucet face the fridge or the range?

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 13:14

I am wondering if I need to change the prep sink cabinet (corner of island) rotation. I want to make sure I get the toe kick recessed on the correct side.

Should the faucet face the range or the fridge?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should my prep sink faucet face the fridge or the range?

I think I would prefer it facing the range.

o

Yes, that was my plan but then I started thinking...

o

rhome410 put hers on the corner so it serves both sides. She likes it a lot since it serves both her prep and baking zones, and she has a large family (10) where there are often 2 or more persons working in the kitchen at one time. Yours would serve prep zones 1 and 2. I think putting it on the corner would be a good idea since 21" of space on the range side is not much at all, so you could use both sides of the island easily yourself if you needed more than that 21".

o

How do you plan to use it? As a water source? Hand washing? Or are you going to actually prep food at it? If prepping, then things will likely start out being pulled from the fridge, put on the island, and then washed, cut and either put in a bowl for serving, or put near the range for cooking/baking. I would think that having it face the fridge makes it most convenient to start prepping from there, also it's the widest work space and bigger is better when it comes to that -- hence, I vote fridge side. Unless it's a round sink, I'd probably not put it in the corner -- I'd end up with water everywhere if I did that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here