Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dd70_gw

My pulls are in! Thought I'd share a great hardware website!

dd70
16 years ago

After a long quest looking for reasonably priced yet quality cabinet knobs/pulls, I concluded to just get the one's that I love, Tuscany by Top Knobs. So all total it would have cost close to $450 for the amount I needed, 34. Not to mention I wanted them in antique copper which of course is more expensive (always my luck). So I quickly concluded to keep searching for less expensive in that style and I found this website who had my tuscany knobs (not made by top knobs) for way less than half the price. I was leary so I emailed them regarding the weight of them (i hate lite, cheap feeling pulls) and they told me:

"These items are made from zinc. We believe these are solid. We can request this information from the manufacturing warehouse to be certain if you would

like. This may take a few days. We have not had any complaints regarding the weight or feel of these pieces."

All right, I took a chance and placed the order.....praying they were nice. My total for 44 knobs/pulls/bail pulls came to $160, (I ordered 10 extra) shipping was a little high at $43 but it was still a huge savings.

I got them today, Im so excited!! I ripped open the box, still praying, and they are beautiful!! They have a nice weight and feel to them and they are exactly what I wanted.

I wanted to share the site everyone. Im sure like me, most of you have gone over budget or need to stick to a tight budget or have a limitless budget and just love a good deal! I'm really thrilled with the quality and most definitely the price. Hope you all enjoy, happy shopping! Im now off on my quest for counter height bar stools.....; )

Here is a link that might be useful: knobs and pulls

Comments (27)

• caligirl_cottage
    16 years ago

Ohhh! THANK YOU! They have my oil rubbed bronze cup pulls for $2.81! Less than half what I've seen elsewhere!

Here is a link that might be useful: ORB Cup pulls

• bethv
    16 years ago

THANK YOU!!! I also checked out the decorative wood and they have my cherry corner feet for $15 vs $40 from the cabinet site!! I'm literally sitting thinking about all of the places I could put them! The trims are a great price too - but I'm not sure what condition they would arrive...

• dd70
    Original Author
    16 years ago

beth-I cant speak for the trim but my knobs came packaged nicely, 1 big box with 3 smaller box's inside. Each individual knob and pull was wrapped in that thick white styrofoamy stuff and sealed in a plastic bag. I really couldn't be happier with this purchase. I ordered them late Thursday night, 2/27 and got them today.

• maydl
    16 years ago

THANKS SO MUCH! (Yes, I know I'm e-screaming, but that's how I feel.) The longer pulls I need have been in the $20+ range, and I found one style on this site that might do OK for less than $6. I'm not as brave as you are, though; I'll probably just send for one pull to see how it looks. Thanks again for this wonderful referral.

• dd70
    Original Author
    16 years ago

maydl-I was going to do the same but they require a $50 minimum order, that's why I ordered extras.

• User
    16 years ago

Excellent site. thanks.
    saving to favorites...

• ci_lantro
    16 years ago

Great find, dd! Thank you for sharing!!

• kelleg69
    16 years ago

Great site. Thank you. I am just beginning to think about this stuff. It is fun to see the options. Are yours the ones that come up when you open your link? They are cool.

• berryberry
    16 years ago

caligirl - FYI - If you need a lot of ORB cup pulls, Cripe Distributing has Liberty 4" Rubbed Oil Bronze Die Cast Cup Pulls in 25 count boxes for $14. That works out to 56 cents a pull.

They also have matching ORB knobs for the same price / quantity.

Just had some delivered and they are great and a steal at that price

Here is a link that might be useful: cripe distributing

• maydl
    16 years ago

dd70--Thanks for the heads-up on the minimum order. If I order an appliance pull and three drawer pulls, that should add up to $50. I imagine I can return them if I don't like them. I've got to be certain--I need 55 pulls!

• craig00
    16 years ago

dd70 and others, they have the knobs and pulls we want and are 1/2 the price of Top Knobs. However, the BR knobs are twice as much as similar knobs on ebay which are also advertised as zinc. Gotta admit the BR website stuff looks fantastic.

So, does anyone know the difference between BR, Top Knob and the ebay hardware?

• rosalita
    16 years ago

Really appreciate this tip! Now when you find a great bargain on those counter height barstools, I'm looking for those too!!

• craig00
    16 years ago

Okay, good news, for me at least.

I found an ebay site that carries the exact same pulls and knobs (similar to Top Knob Tuscany) as BR at less than 1/2 of their price! Same name (Glenmore) and same model #'s. Shipping is less, too.

I provided the ebay link.

Here is a link that might be useful: knobs and pulls

• craig00
    16 years ago

Oops, I stand corrected. The savings are about $1 or more less per knob or pull. Shipping is a flat rate of $6.95 "for the entire hardware order."

• berryberry
    16 years ago

Craig - if you are interested in the Top Knobs Tuscany / BR or Glenmore style, you should also check out

http://yourhomesupply.com/

or their ebay link below.

They have the same style knobs / pulls even cheaper. From talking to them, they seem to be a locally owned hardware store. I ordered some samples of the exact same knobs / pulls as Top Knobs Tuscany or Glenmore (their part number is 8818 and 6718) to check out their quality and they were very nice, really no different than the much more expensive ones. Also all zinc and only $1.79 per knob and $2.49 per pull for the ones I want. I am placing my full order from them today

Here is a link that might be useful: your home supply ebay link

• dd70
    Original Author
    16 years ago

berryberry-I dont see the tuscany design on that website.

Craig, thats a great deal as well! Too late for me though!
    Let me know if you get them.

• pecanpie
    16 years ago

Holy hardware, Batman! Wish I'd seen this site before I ordered my 80+ knobs and pulls.

But I've bookmarked it for my 'next' kitchen, hehe. Undeniably TKO...

• berryberry
    16 years ago

dd70 - This is the Top Knobs Tuscany I was refering to:

http://www.myknobs.com/tuscany31.html

Its the same as the Glenmore criag had mentioned. They are call Country French on the sight I mentioned:

http://www.yourhomesupply.com/Items/cp6718r-wen?

I think there may be other styles in the Top Knobs Tuscany line - but I was looking at the same Glenmore one that Craig was

Here is a link that might be useful: country french aka tuscany

• dd70
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh yes, thats what I bought, I got knobs pulls and a few bail pulls. LOVE THEM. I couldn't find them because I was looking in the brushed copper and your site doesn't have them in BC. thanks! BTW, do you know of any sites that carry bar stools made in the USA?

• boxiebabe
    16 years ago

dd: Thanks so much for the referral to cabinetknob.com. I already had the pulls that I was going to use, but ended up ordered from cabinetknob.com because I saw something I like even better. I was quite pleased with their pricing ($3.94 per pull), even though their shipping is what I feel is a bit excessive ($45 for my order of 43 pulls). However, I ordered them anyway - fell in love with them and couldn't keep from thinking of them. Now to return the originals I bought from Lowes.

Thanks again,
    Boxie

Here is a link that might be useful: The pulls I got - I chose satin nickel

• breenthumb
    16 years ago

Thanks to this thread, I think I've tracked down the pulls I'm trying to match for the house I'm trying to sell. Pretty sure they're on the ebay Your Home Supply link.

Thanks, berryberry. Sandy

• jess111
    16 years ago

dd70-do those tuscany bail pulls have stops on them so they don't bang against the cabinet doors?

• dd70
    Original Author
    16 years ago

boxiebabe-your welcome, i thought shipping was high too but like I said I still saved over $200 compared to top knobs. Those are nice pulls, they're differnt which is good.
    jess-I dont have them installed yet but Im pretty sure they do. The best I can describe it is the hardware part where the actual pull slides into has a little ledge which prevents them from swinging down all the way. Oddly enought Top knobs don't have this. I tried out ones I saw on display and they bang right down on the cabinet.

• jess111
    16 years ago

thanks dd70. are you planning on installing them soon and can update on the stopper? I assume from what you posted, that they do have the stop. As far as the finish, is the copper similar to the ORB color Amerock has? A smooth dark finish (not rust or patina'd) with a little copper showing though? I'm using at least 4 different types of hardware and need to coordinate somehow, but the style you chose is gorgeous. You're right about the Top Knobs-no stops on the bail pulls (what are they thinking???) Other than what you chose, I am basically stuck with the birdcage bail pulls, and while they are OK, your style is much more elegant. Plus, I am not a fan of the pulls that match the birdcage.

• dd70
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Im trying to get them installed but its a Pain in the A$$. They do have a stop, which Im happy about. You described the color perfectly. If your not crazy about the birdcage then get the tuscany, they are really pretty.

stops

this is where handle stops

blurry front view!

• mrs_tlc
    16 years ago

This is a great post. I've been shopping on myknobs.com and love what they have but I tend to lean toward the ornate pricey ones. This site has some that will work for MUCH less! Thanks dd70!!

• mariemom2
    16 years ago

For American made bar stools look at www.seatcompany.com
    Not a ton of choice and you will pay more--but they look nice and they are offering free shipping currently.

Here is a link that might be useful: American-made bar stools