Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dgormish

Which Blue Pearl? Time to chose...

dgormish
10 years ago

I went out to the slab yards to pick out my blue pearl granite countertop. DH is set on Blue Pearl because he likes the color and to offset the white cabinets. The first store (where we had seen it originally) had blue pearl slabs but it was lacking blue irisation! I was so disappointed. I did find two stores with a lovely blue pearl. So now I have to decide between a "regular" blue pearl that had a nice amount of blue irisation and a silvery cast to it and blue pearl GT which has quite a bit of blue irisation but with gold as well.

All the other blue pearl I had seen had silver so I was designing most of the rest of the kitchen with that in mind. But I really liked the gold too when I saw it. Will having a bunch of silver appliances, faucet, lights, etc. and gold in the countertop work? I have this blue flower design for the backsplash. I was going to use it with a field tile in light blue? Would that still work? Should I change out the field tile color? Just not sure how to make the gold work in the kitchen now.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County