Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen cabinet hinge repair

Posted by sophie999 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 12:53

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I hope this is the right place to find some answers.

My kitchen cabinet door hinge just broke, and I was not able to figure out how to repair it. Could not fine any info on the web.

I attached the picture of the hinge (intact one).
There are two steel plates in the center on the left (door) side of the hinge (back to back, one behind the other, held in place by the vertical rod). I presume they help the door close, acting as springs. Yesterday, they fell out. I am not sure how to put them back together. Nothing seems broken. They are VERY hard to bend, even with pliers.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I could not even find those hinges on the web.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Sophie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen cabinet hinge repair

Can't see a photo. Maybe you previewed your message, made a correction and forgot to reattach it? If you don't select the photo every time you change something, it goes away.

o

Ahh,

You are right. I edited the message but did not reattach the photo. Here it is. Thanks so much.

o

Looks like one make or another of 'standard' European 'cup' hinge.

What brand marking are on it?

If it is a leer manufacturer you may be able to get an exact replacement (at least for fit).

Smaller companies com ad go so often you may have to start measuring the hinge ad the mounting holes (size and pattern) and looking at spec sheets from the larger manufacturers.

Replacement parts are not normally all that available.
It would cost as much in handling as a whole hinge.

o

You might have luck here: http://www.simonshardwareandbath.com
Their website is under construction. Maybe you can email them a few photos. Is there any way to identify the cabinet manufacturer ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here