Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zuponcic

Ordering Tile--here's a thought...

vedazu
10 years ago

Although I'm actually feeling like "AARGH" I thought I would ask all of you professionals what you think of this situation.
I live in NJ, and have a house I'm re-doing in MN. I went to my Sonoma tile company here in NJ, and recognized somewhere in the process that Sonoma would ship to NJ, and then I get to pay another $500 to ship it back to MN. So, I asked, can't it be shipped directly to MN? NO, they only ship to companies. So, I found a company in MN that is a Sonoma dealer, and for a fee--much less than shipping it--they would take delivery and I could pick it up there.
Problem is that the NJ dealer doesn't want to do that for a host of 19th century reasons.
Wouldn't it be smart for dealers who are not affiliated to make a little "federation" so that, for a fee, you could write an order in one showroom, and have it shipped on the same pallet as orders from another dealer in another state to save time--time--time!--and maybe even a little money? I'd rather spend the same money as I would spend on shipping to get the tile two weeks earlier. The result--look, I"m very small potatoes--is that since I hadn't completed my entire order--I still have to order the tile directly behind the range, and my floor tile--is that I will use the NJ location to find what I want, and order it in MN. Seems like a lose-lose situation all around.

Comments (2)