Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ssdarb

Show me your teapots!

ssdarb
10 years ago

I mean the teapot, not the kettle for boiling. I tend to leave mine out a lot, so I want it to be cute! I just dropped and broke mine so need to replace.

Comments (14)

• eam44
    10 years ago

I don't own this one but I wish I did. It's by Zero, Japan and it's lead-free, pretty much my only must-have.

• chispa
    10 years ago

I like my tea very hot, so I don't like teapots. I make my tea straight into my insulated travel mug and it stays scalding hot for an hour!

• oldfixer
    10 years ago

Don't use. Sold an old one on ebay to get rid of it.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    10 years ago

My teapots are mostly formal and match my china or are silver-plated. However, Fitz and Floyd has some exceptionally adorable quirky tea pots if you want something kind of fun and kitschy. Some of them are too over-the-top, but some are really cute! I also used to collect Carlton Ware and have a set of tea cups and a pot with feet that I just think are adorable for some reason:

This post was edited by beaglesdoitbetter on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 19:40

• laughablemoments
    10 years ago

Those footie pots are so cute. : )

On the left is my teapot that we use to store our soap-packs for the dishwasher. It sits out on the counter all the time. I received it as a bridal shower gift 18 years ago.

On the right is our family sized "tea pot." The bottom says: The Enterprise Aluminum Co. Drip-O-Lator and was made in Ohio and includes its patent number. (I'm guessing it was originally some kind of coffee pot. I just checked on ebay and it was a coffee pot. This one, as well as others, are available.) It holds just enough tea for our family of 9 (8 cups of liquid, actually.) We use it all winter long. I love this pot and might cry real tears if it ever gets broken. I found it at a fly-by-night antique/junk shop one day when I stopped there on a whim.

Have fun teapot hunting. You might be able to find a unique one at TJ Maxx or a tea shoppe, if there is one nearby your home.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drip-O-Lators on ebay

This post was edited by laughable on Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 15:49

• itsallaboutthefood
    10 years ago

EAM44 - I have that teapot! Love it!

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

The teapots I actually use are in my cupboard, I have others but they are packed away in a tub in the garage. Yes, I use some more than others but it depends upon the mood and how much I need to brew. The two I reach for most often is the 2 - 3 cup brown one and the 2cup pot with the bird (lower right).

The larger pink floral pot is for coffee and was my grandmother's.

• sherri1058
    10 years ago

"A teapot that we use to store soap-packs for the dishwasher" - what a great idea! Love it!!
    I have an insulated teapot - similar to one that my grandmother used. I don't know how to post a pic, but it looks like the one in the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Insulated teapot

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

This thread caught my eye as all the topics do, on the right side of the page. I post regularly at the Table, Cooking and Vermicomposting forums.

Here is a whimsical little guy I picked up at the second hand store.

• tea4all
    10 years ago

I love teapots and have too many to picture. Here are 4 of the ones I use often. going from left to right they are as follows: a Polish pottery Unikat Grace pattern, Royal Albert English Rose pattern, Burton Laurel Valley, and Pfaltzgraff Tea Rose pattern. The Pfatzgraff makes a great everyday teapot. I have the teapot for one in that pattern too

• mellyc123
    10 years ago

I like the zero.

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

I like the looks of that Zero pot also.

• itsallaboutthefood
    10 years ago

By the way, you can get the Zero tea pot in larger sizes. It comes with a handy mesh strainer which makes emptying the used tea leaves out very easy. The company used to be called Bee House and that is the name it is still sold under on Amazon. I got mine (I have 2) from Whole Foods.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bee House Tea Pot on Amazon

This post was edited by itsallaboutthefood on Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 20:46

• ssdarb
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I love the quirky ones!