Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me choose granite.... Betulaire or Crazy Delicatus?

Posted by Momto3kiddos (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 12:36

My perimeter cabinets will be the chocolate cherry color of the large cabinet door and the island will be a grey-taupe color of the small rectangle sitting on top of the cherry door. Our floors will be white oat, site finished, and most likely natural or light stain. The island is 14'x4' so the granite will have a big impact. I initially wanted a Delicatus due to the large movement, bling factor and white to grey coloring. In looking, the delicatus colors in general are moving more towards cream, and I don't think that will work in this space. I also think that some copper-brown will help tie the cabinet colors together. I am getting info on the price difference between these two, but I like them both for different reasons. I would love to hear what you think!!! The kitchen is open to the living room and breakfast nook with BM Revere Pewter paint planned for the walls. Thanks in advance!

Betulaire:
 photo image_zpsda2e7330.jpg

Crazy Delicatus:
Crazy Delicatus photo image_zps6336ac41.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me choose granite.... Betulaire or Crazy Delicatus?

With an island that large you will almost certainly have a seam somewhere so you will want a granite that does not have strong lines or patterns. Or you can get book-matched slabs and match the seams exactly, but that's not always easy to find. The Betulaire looks like it would be hard to make an "invisible" seam.

o

That crazy delicatus looks very much like a slab that we were going to use. Unfortunately, it had some very subtle cracks which couldn't be easily seen. If you decide you want to use it look very closely to make sure there are no cracks which I guess is not uncommon in delicatus.

o

Crazy Delicatus, only because the Betulair"s variation seems split in two. How would it be templated?
Maybe a different slab?
I like movement, but I like uniform movement so "call me crazy."

o

I thought the same as ellendi. With the Betulair, have you looked at what area of the slab will go where? You could end up with a lot of more uniform gray counter in one area and coppery brown with a lot of movement in another and look like you used 2 different stones.

o

I vote for the Crazy one for the reasons already stated, and bc I just like the coloring better.

o

I'd go with the crazy also. For same reasons mentioned.

o

Thanks you guys! I think I will go with the crazy.... Even the name fits me well. :). The other slab is just so pretty as a whole, but when divided out it will not make the same statement. I really wish I could find something lighter to use but I cannot find the right shade and enough movement for my taste in the lighter slabs. Do you guys have any other suggestions for other granite that I should consider? Thanks again for your feedback.

o

Thanks you guys! I think I will go with the crazy.... Even the name fits me well. :). The other slab is just so pretty as a whole, but when divided out it will not make the same statement. I really wish I could find something lighter to use but I cannot find the right shade and enough movement for my taste in the lighter slabs. Do you guys have any other suggestions for other granite that I should consider? Thanks again for your feedback.

o

Well I'm a few days late, but agree with crazy! I love the color variations with your cabs. Please post pictures once you're done.

o

regarding your last post....

if you are asking for more granite suggestions, then you don't love your choice/choices....

my suggestion is to keep looking, this is a huge investment and one you will not change any time soon.
you have to look at it everyday and you should be totally in love with it....no doubts..

to me, you have not found "the one"...you will know it when you see it !!!

best of luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here