Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momto3kiddos

Help me choose granite.... Betulaire or Crazy Delicatus?

momto3kiddos
11 years ago

My perimeter cabinets will be the chocolate cherry color of the large cabinet door and the island will be a grey-taupe color of the small rectangle sitting on top of the cherry door. Our floors will be white oat, site finished, and most likely natural or light stain. The island is 14'x4' so the granite will have a big impact. I initially wanted a Delicatus due to the large movement, bling factor and white to grey coloring. In looking, the delicatus colors in general are moving more towards cream, and I don't think that will work in this space. I also think that some copper-brown will help tie the cabinet colors together. I am getting info on the price difference between these two, but I like them both for different reasons. I would love to hear what you think!!! The kitchen is open to the living room and breakfast nook with BM Revere Pewter paint planned for the walls. Thanks in advance!

Betulaire:
{{!gwi}}

Crazy Delicatus:
{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)

• soibean
    11 years ago

With an island that large you will almost certainly have a seam somewhere so you will want a granite that does not have strong lines or patterns. Or you can get book-matched slabs and match the seams exactly, but that's not always easy to find. The Betulaire looks like it would be hard to make an "invisible" seam.

• jerzeegirl
    11 years ago

That crazy delicatus looks very much like a slab that we were going to use. Unfortunately, it had some very subtle cracks which couldn't be easily seen. If you decide you want to use it look very closely to make sure there are no cracks which I guess is not uncommon in delicatus.

• ellendi
    11 years ago

Crazy Delicatus, only because the Betulair"s variation seems split in two. How would it be templated?
    Maybe a different slab?
    I like movement, but I like uniform movement so "call me crazy."

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

I thought the same as ellendi. With the Betulair, have you looked at what area of the slab will go where? You could end up with a lot of more uniform gray counter in one area and coppery brown with a lot of movement in another and look like you used 2 different stones.

• Megan Lopez
    11 years ago

I vote for the Crazy one for the reasons already stated, and bc I just like the coloring better.

• cathy725
    11 years ago

I'd go with the crazy also. For same reasons mentioned.

• momto3kiddos
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks you guys! I think I will go with the crazy.... Even the name fits me well. :). The other slab is just so pretty as a whole, but when divided out it will not make the same statement. I really wish I could find something lighter to use but I cannot find the right shade and enough movement for my taste in the lighter slabs. Do you guys have any other suggestions for other granite that I should consider? Thanks again for your feedback.

• momto3kiddos
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks you guys! I think I will go with the crazy.... Even the name fits me well. :). The other slab is just so pretty as a whole, but when divided out it will not make the same statement. I really wish I could find something lighter to use but I cannot find the right shade and enough movement for my taste in the lighter slabs. Do you guys have any other suggestions for other granite that I should consider? Thanks again for your feedback.

• MsMaryMac23
    11 years ago

Well I'm a few days late, but agree with crazy! I love the color variations with your cabs. Please post pictures once you're done.

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

regarding your last post....

if you are asking for more granite suggestions, then you don't love your choice/choices....

my suggestion is to keep looking, this is a huge investment and one you will not change any time soon.
    you have to look at it everyday and you should be totally in love with it....no doubts..

to me, you have not found "the one"...you will know it when you see it !!!

best of luck