Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gnancyanne

Cambria or Caesarstone?

gnancyanne
10 years ago

I was just wondering about what people think about these two materials. If the countertop choice was between Cambria and Caesarstone, and appearance/cost wasn't a factor, which one would you choose, or did you choose? In other words, why is one preferred over the other?

Comments (10)

• GenX-Luddite
    10 years ago

Two things, aside from appearance, influenced my decision. First, the local firm with the best reputation deals in Cambria, not Caesarstone. I'm in a small town, so getting people who will make sure the job is done right is not always easy. My overall impression of the two products is that they are functionally the same, but good installation matters. Second, Cambria is USA-made. Domestic manufacture is hardly THE deciding factor for me, but it's a nice plus.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I believe they are both made using the same technology, so we picked based on color (our fabricator could do either, and the prices were essentially the same).

• GauchoGordo1993
    10 years ago

These materials are equivalent. Fabrication and installation is paramount skill & experience is far more significant than difference between these materials, if there are any.

• GenX-Luddite
    9 years ago

Quick follow-up: my Cambria countertops were installed this week, and I am over-the-moon happy with them. One really nice feature is that there are no seams. None. I probably should have asked about this before the installation, but honestly, I was expecting seams at the corners, where they had been in my old countertop. I have a small u-shaped kitchen with the range at the bottom of the "u" so the countertops are two L-shaped pieces, one 102" and the other a little shorter. Aha! So this is why they had to measure and level so carefully! At any rate, the fabrication and install was absolutely first-rate. Sorry, no photo yet: kitchen is still in disarray awaiting backsplash. :)

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

We fell in love with a Cambria pattern, and didn't see anything else in any brand that we liked as well. Our cabinet maker handles a lot of quartz brands, and used the same installer for all of them, I think, so for us it was all about color/pattern.

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

They are essentially identical materials. Our local countertop store carries and installs Caesarstone, Cambria and Silestone. So we had quite a variety of options to choose from. Like sjhockeyfan, we chose based on color, not brand. If it matters, we are going with a Caesarstone color. I have a friend who just finished a remodel and went with both Caesarstone and Cambria in her kitchen. One brand had the color she wanted for her island, one for her perimeter. Both look fantastic.

• nsoltz
    9 years ago

We are using Cambria for kitchen countertops and Caesarstone for the two baths we are adding. The Cambria had more granite-like flowing patterns than the Caesarstone.

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    9 years ago

I am a fabricator.

Because they are all made on the same machine with the same process the material properties of the various quartz brands are all identical.

I advise my clients to pick the color they like as thats what they will live with every day.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

What a great thread! I will now look at both Cambria and Caesarstone as well as granites and pick the color I like best! It would be nice to have a counter that never needs sealing.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Lynn, don't let sealing scare you off. We had granite in pur previous home and sealing was a once-a-year project (pour on, wipe off). In reality, we did it once in the 7 years we were there and never had a problem. My friend who moved into a house that already had granite asked "really, you're supposed to reseal?" She never had a problem either).

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz