Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash ending at a corner? Help

Posted by teachertile (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 12:30

My backsplash will end at the corner. Do I tile all the way to the corner, or should I put an edge piece in the corner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash ending at a corner? Help

I think I read this wrong the first time? You are not asking whether or not to tile the 90 degree corner wall, you are asking actually how to finish the tile in the corner? We had one corner where backsplash met wooden pantry wall, we just ended it with tile, and then caulked, not grouted the end.

o

Inside or outside corner?

o

It's an inside corner. We are not continuing the tile past the corner, but I don't know if the subway tiles should go all the way to the corner without an edge piece, or if we should end with an edge piece. Does that make sense?

o

Tile just dies into the corner. No bullnose.

o

Have tile die into the corner. You don't need nothing else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here