Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique River Granite... I think I found my slab! Whatya think?

Posted by Momto3kiddos (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 12:25

I have been looking at granite for a few weeks. I found some delicatus that I liked, but DH thought the yellow/copper in it looked like something that did not belong on a counter. I guess he has changed too many diapers. :) So I went back to the drawing board. I like the chunky - blingy look of delicatus and the water-like movement of some of the quartzite I have seen. However, I have not found either to be available or yellow-free. Then, I found this slab. The supplier is calling it Antique River, but I have never heard of that before. I like it because of the white, black and gray, but really love the water-like movement of the stone. Do you think this would look good with my cabinets? The stained door is the color of my perimeter cabs and the gray-taupe small piece is the island color. I would love to know what you think!

photo Granitefaraway_zpsaecd2a5b.jpg

photo GraniteCloseup_zpse3a23ba1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique River Granite... I think I found my slab! Whatya thi

I kinda like how the graining in the center panel flows like the granite (bottom pic). Yes... I love the stone as I"m a fan of "flowy" granites.

o

I love it. I think the granite works very well with both your cabinetry colors.

o

Love it! Grab that slab before it's gone.

o

Definitely lick it before it is gone (and get your name on the back)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here