Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttosh_gw

$1,000 or less...

ttosh
14 years ago

Bosch dishwasher with cutlery tray?? Or, is that wishful thinking!

DH wants a Bosch. But we do not want to spend that much on the DW. One salesman actually told us that they design appliances now to need replacing ever 7-10 years vs. the 15-25 years we used to get. So, if they are all going to only last 10 years, would a cheaper one be ok?

Anyone have a "great" DW in the $500-$1,000 range?

Comments (7)

• weidiii
    14 years ago

I suggest looking around at the Sears Outlet

• debbiejoy_ca
    14 years ago

I think the Siemens brand models are essentially the same as Bosch but less expensive - or they were 5 years ago anyway

• kristine_2009
    14 years ago

I have this Whirlpo*l and it does a great job! I bought mine at Lowes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Whirlpool dishwasher

• pricklypearcactus
    14 years ago

I found a fantastic Siemens dishwasher on sale a few years ago (half price) for around $750. I LOVE it. We are very lazy in my house about rinsing dishes and also love to jam the dishwasher full to bursting. Rarely do the dishes not come out perfectly clean. I also have been told that the Siemens dishwashers are the same as the Bosch dishwashers. My previous dishwasher was terrible and I definitely think it was worth the money. Check out local small appliance shops and try to find out if they do end of the model year closeouts. That's where I found mine.

• needsometips08
    14 years ago

I've gone through 3 dishwashers in the lifespan of our house - 6 years! Whirlpool, Maytag, and Kenmore. I liked them all about the same.

I too was told the lifespan is shorter as dictated by the American consumer. Evidently market research showed people were replacing items after 7 to 10 years anyway, broken or not.

Bosch or Miele et al. would be worth it if you could assuredly know you would get 20 years life out of them, but I've heard of those higher end brands breaking down too so I personally don't think it's worth it. I'd rather invest in something that you will get 20 years (and more) out of - like solid wood floor and higher end cabinetry.

• sabjimata
    14 years ago

We just got a Samsung on clearance at Lowe's. I think the box got messed up so they marked it down to $420! Normally was between 7-800$. SS tub. I looked online and most of the reviews were negative. We were planning on getting a Bosch...but hey, for $420, what the hell!

So far it has worked just wonderfully. Our old one was a beat to death Kenmore that we literally had to manually fill with water before starting...so this one is like heaven. Looks pretty good, too!

I say, if the price is right and it meets your minimum requirements, take a risk.

• cj47
    14 years ago

Depends on where you live, but some appliance stores have 'clearance' areas where they sell appliances that were returned, scratched, etc. They are sold with the same warranties that a new appliance comes with.

Good luck to you!
    Cj

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions