Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
talich_gw

Kraus kpf-1602 design change

talich
10 years ago

I just noticed that the pre-prinse faucet from Kraus, kpf-1602, has a critical change to its design.

Essentially the separate flow control valve for pot filler is removed. So now you cannot have both pot filler and sprayer on at the same time. When turned on, the pot filler will be on. When one turn on the sprayer, the pot filler should be automatically shut off.

To be this removes a critical function of the old faucet. Any one has experience on this new design?

Comments (11)

• martinkk333
    10 years ago

We just installed this faucet in our remodel yesterday and I have water in the kitchen for the first time in months! I ordered it online from Amazon on 2/9/13. It does spray with either the pot filler or the sprayer and also works with both running water at the same time. It can be turned on or off from both the handle on the base of the unit or by turning the end of the pot filler or squeezing the handle of the sprayer. The sprayer has a lil hook type thing for continuous spray. I hope they haven't changed the faucet. It is really nice that both are on at the same time.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the one I ordered:

• talich
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There are photos for both new and old designs at the amazon website, even Kraus' own website. If you look closely, you can see that in some photos, there is no handle at the end of pot filler. I also called the customer service and was confirmed on the change.

I think during the item was not available for about two weeks early this month. So it seems that it's during this period they retired the old design and switched to the new design.

• speaktodeek
    10 years ago

Amazon's latest (most recent) review states they have done just that, and now you have lost functionality. So beware this is the new version!

• Errant_gw
    10 years ago

I purchased mine from build.com last month, and it has the separate control. Maybe check with them if you are looking to buy. Read the description on Kraus' website, it clearly states, "Single-lever side pot filler with separate flow control." Was it someone at Kraus that told you this is no longer the case?

• talich
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Build.com actually does not have any faucet in warehouse. All orders are shipped directly from Kraus.

I did call Kraus, and the customer support immediately told me that the design is changed, and you won't have both spray and pot filler on at the same time. His voice sounds like he has answered this question many times.

• Errant_gw
    10 years ago

Well that's really a bummer for those still looking to buy :(

I'm glad I got mine in before the change. I love it! If there were anything I would change, it would be to give it more reach. Both arms fall just a bit short of the drains on my Kraus apron-front sink.

• dennisforman
    10 years ago

Bummer! I don't know why they would remove a functionality that people like. When you have a dual spout faucet, you want to be able to use both at the same time. I was able to find this similar faucet from Ruvati: RVF1290CH, that has the dual functionality. Anyone have any experience with this faucet? I don't have any experiences with Ruvati faucets, but I do have a Ruvati sink that I have had for almost 2 years and I am quite happy with.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruvati Pre-rinse faucet

• talich
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I took a detailed read on the actual dimension drawing by comparing the new manual at Kraus website and the old manual at build.com. Besides the function change, there are some other small changes.

One major change is the pot filler arm is LONGER. It's 8 17/32" now. The old one is 7.6".

Also the new design is TALLER, 32 3/32", while the old one is 28.4".

And it seems the installation is also changed. The new one seems simpler.

Again, this is only based on the drawing in the manual, not the actual comparison of two installed ones.

As for other faucets, there are plenty of two-sprout faucets out there. By just searching the amazon, the cheapest one is probably the LightInTheBox one, only $73. And there are Housweety, VDOMUS, all under $100. Of course, I believe the consumer support is minimal or none, and you don't know what you will get.

There are several ones between $200 and $300, including Ruvati, Vigo. At least Vigo received considerable reviews here and there, most positive.

Yet I found the warranty is very tricky here.

For example, if you check Ruvati's website, the faucet page says it's limited life time warranty. Then in their general warranty page, it's limited life time warranty for sinks, and 1 year warranty for faucet. I found such information make me uneasy.

Vigo also has limited life time warranty. Yet if you check the details, the life time warranty is only for the structure. For others, 5 years for the cartridge, 2 years for diverter and pot filler, and ??? for the sprayer.

There seems no perfect alternative.

Any comments and/or suggestions?

This post was edited by talich on Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 16:56

• Errant_gw
    10 years ago

The pot filler has more reach, now?? Damn! That's the one thing mine needs, but I'm not about to give up my separate control valve.

• Errant_gw
    10 years ago

The pot filler has more reach, now?? Damn! That's the one thing mine needs, but I'm not about to give up my separate control valve.

• andy private
    9 years ago

I just wanted to let people know that you can still purchase this but supplies are limited. I found this item on ebay and overstock.com is selling it. I believe its the old design from the picture, and also the description (says you can run both at same time and its rated for 2.2gph). Unfortunetly its chrome. The new design is 1.8gph and its unbearable at how slow water flows out and also the pressure on the rinser is so low it is not much use.