Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crozzroad

I'm in love .. with my granite :-)

crozzroad
14 years ago

Hello guys !

After eating all your brain on the granite color for months, wanted to give you a quick update .. finally my granite countertops are in .. it was installed yesterday ... Antique Brown .. goes so well with the cabinets (Antique white perimeter cabinets & Espresso Island) But I need to say that it has darkened the room a little bit .. i guess with the amount of countertops .. STILL LOVE IT !!! All of a sudden I'm like a love struck teenager who got her first kiss .. since yesterday I'm having this silly grin all over my face :-)

Okay jokes apart .. I think I got a good deal on the granite . 100 sq feet with Ogee end all over for $4500. So in case anyone is in lookout for a good fabricator, let me know .. I can give you the contact details of my fabricator. They were really good, stuck to the timeline all the time , gave the cheapest quote & did a great job .. wheras the other guys with fancy stores and all were giving us an estimate of 6000 +. One guy even had the nerve to tell me that dont even consider this stone as it is very hi-end and we will not be able to afford it !!!

Actually we took a risk by going with our fabricator. His workshop is nothing fancy, infact he dint even have a proper office. But the Warehouse guys gave good reference .. so yesterday it was a bit nerve wracking .. wondering if this guy really knows his job or not .. anyways it all turned out well .. and I'm so happy .. thanks much GWers !!! you are the best ..

No pictures for the time being .. will definitely post one soon .. Once again thankyou !!!

crozzroad

Comments (18)

• honeysucklevine
    14 years ago

Congrats. It sounds like a pretty combo.

• jrueter
    14 years ago

Yes, please post pics! So glad it turned out so well for you!!! I am waiting for granite installation (3/22) and I am going crazy I'm so anxious to see it all together.

• eks6426
    14 years ago

Glad you love yours. Fabricator comes to my house tonight for templating. I can't wait.

Please post pics!

• riverspots
    14 years ago

That's a fantastic price. I'm literally paying double for about the same quantity and edge. Where are you located? Even the fabricators near me with bad seams weren't much cheaper-only a $1000 or so less.

• cawfeegirl
    14 years ago

Pictures! Pictures!! Dont tease us!!

• sugar_maple_30
    14 years ago

I've got Antique Brown and creamy white cabs also. I can't tell you how much I love the countertop.

I would have considered a light counter but my DH wanted a dark one, and it was the only thing he asked for in the whole renovation.

Months later, I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics, when I do, I'll put them up so you can see how mine turned out.

Can't wait to see yours - post when you can!

• country_smile
    14 years ago

ok crozzroad - This is cruel and unusual punishment to tell a bunch of kitchen obsessed people how wonderful your granite is and then not to post pics. (LOL)

Post..

Pics...

ASAP!!! :-)

• kelvar
    14 years ago

Oh my! We have this granite as well and I can say the same thing...we love, love, love this granite. Only our cabinets are maple with a whiskey black glaze and it is fanstastic looking with them. The island is heirloomed black with a strong, contrasting granite. It has surpassed my expectations and then some. It's one thing to view it in the yard, but wow...in a kitchen! Enjoy!!

• jrueter
    14 years ago

you guys are killing me! pictures please, pretty please?

• sheila99
    14 years ago

HI, I need a fabricator, please send your fabricators name and number. Thanks.

• crozzroad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Whoa !!! here you go ... tho the pictures are not too gr8 ... i got my husband take these from his iphone when the contractors were not there ..

Hopefully should be able to get some good pics when they are all gone and I get my house back . Now it is all covered in dust & mess

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

Crozzroad, when you are able to take pictures with a digital camera, can you take a few close up pictures also? I love the contrast in the pictures but the iphone pictures are blurry. Thanks for sharing.

• doonie
    14 years ago

I have an antique brown slab waiting patiently for fabrication. I am thrilled to hear so many people are happy about it! lynn is right, please take close up photos. Mine is only for the center island in a natural distressed maple color and is leather finish. I am so excited and happy for you!

• jrueter
    14 years ago

your granite is lovely. it is a beautiful combination with the cabinets and floors.

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

Take more pics. I really want to see this granite up close and see the coloring. I think the cabs + counter seem like a really good match....so get that camaera out! You know how we all love pics :)

• kelvar
    14 years ago

Antique Brown has what I would call an almost crackle finish. So dark brown that it looks black. Splotches of irredescence. It's fascinating to look at. Very hard to describe but absolutely stunning in person.

• crozzroad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay .. here I am .. with my camera!!! I've tried my level best !!! first to clean the mess and dust .. and then take some good shots .. but found out soon that with all the reflection it is impossible to get a good picture .. so bear with me if the photos are not upto your expectation :-)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I hope you all like it as I much as I do.. either ways let me know your feedback !

• kelvar
    14 years ago

Pictures don't do it justice. The first picture I can see the character a bit. Can't see the crackle lines. Love this granite. Love, love, love.