Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
if you have Super White counters, what color paint?

Posted by kitchen-reno (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 12:03

I'm about 75% sure we're going with Super White (or Wicked White as they're calling it at our warehouse) to match our white inset cabs and light-to-med colored oak floors. Appliances are stainless. This is for a combined kitchen dining space. The kitchen area will have very little paint due to layout, but the dining area has some big walls.

wondering what color paint folks have chosen with a similar color scheme? thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: if you have Super White counters, what color paint?

Did you pick those from the Boston Granite Exchange?? Thats the only place I've seen wicked white, which looks awesome. We have something very similar and went with benjamin Moore's Barren Plain. Its a gray and I have one pic below. Unfortunately I took these pics during a blizzard so its a tad dark, but we absolutely love the color. They have alot of different similar shades as well.

photo kitch4_zpscbc02d26.jpg

o

I believe Beekeeperswife has Super White and that her paint is BM Gray Owl.

We also have Super White and our walls are CIL Silver Quill, but we will be repainting some rooms that have the Silver Quill. It looks great on the paint chip a nice soft silvery beige, but boy can this paint change due to lighting. Some very bright rooms look a shocking bright baby blue and others the nice soft silvery beige. Eeekkkk!

o

TB151 - Yes, Boston Granite Exchange! What are your counters? they look beautiful. My cabinets and floors are also very similar to yours. I'm really unsure on the wicked white/super white after hearing mixed experiences. My fabricator was also suggesting that it is probably not the best option for us.

I'm not a huge cook, but we do use our kitchen daily - with just our family of 4 and friends/family. I can't be running around wiping counters whenever we are in the room. I think I need to pick something "safer" :-(

o

We have Super White honed and our walls are BM Revere Pewter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of our Kitchen Remodel

o

i have wicked white, and went gray. I got it at Gerrity Stone.

This post was edited by elizabeth714 on Mon, May 5, 14 at 13:42

o

TB 151- Sorry to jump in, random question, what size is your kitchen? We are working on a layout and I'm trying to get a feel for what size. Your kitchen is very nice!

o

We have SW and went with BM Manchester Tan. As with you, the kitchen will have very little paint once completed, but it opens up to our living room. Went with this color as it blends well with our living room furnishing. I'm hoping the blue island will tie everything together.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here