Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxiebabe

Show me your kitchen clock please

boxiebabe
16 years ago

Don't want to be behind when the kitchen's done - so I am looking for a clock to hang in the kitchen. I'm sure that I am posting this in the wrong section, so please forgive me, but I don't really know where it should go.

I would love to see pics everyone's kitchen clock. It would also be helpful if you told where you got it.

I know it's just one of many little things that add to the charm and overall look of a kitchen, but I am stumped and could use ideas.

Thank you!

Comments (24)

• lynninnewmexico
    16 years ago

Here's mine. I bought it at a wonderful shop in Oklahoma many years ago. I antiqued it black about 5 years ago. It will hang, but with adobe walls, I prefer to let it sit on the counter.
    {{!gwi}}

I just bought this one online from ClockStyle.com last week for my laundry room redo. Love the retro look of it!
    {{!gwi}}

• boxiebabe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Very pretty - thanks Lynn. I'll check out clockstyle.com

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    16 years ago

No picture but currently, besides the clocks on the appliances, I have the original Kit Kat Clock (Felix the Cat clock) with the tail that swings back and forth. I just love him. Goes with my 40's and 50's linens. Now, after I remodel, who knows?

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

Here's our Movado wall clock. Got it at a Movado Boutique with a family & friend's sale/coupon (15%?), but I've seen them online and in Fortunoff (which also offers coupons a few times a year).

• Fori
    16 years ago

You don't really want to see my microwave I bet. I'm liking that green one!

• nicole__
    16 years ago

My clock came from Ebay, new, sealed in the package, cost $25 including shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: bulova wall clock

• boxiebabe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nice clocks!
    I am kinda leaning toward the kind that dangle from a wall bracket - but haven't seen many of them, and my search online didn't turn up many reasonably priced ones. Anyone know anything about those?

• mlraff53
    16 years ago

I love those! Try homedecorators.com

Here is a link that might be useful: home decorators

• friedajune
    16 years ago

Boxiebabe - are you going for a traditional or contemporary look for your clock? In my last kitchen, I had a nice one from LLBean, very all-American traditional kitchen clock. My current kitchen is contemporary, and I was going to get a clock like this. But then I realized that my oven clock was enough, and didn't need another. Target has an amazing selection - if you do a search on their website for "kitchen clock" you'll come up with over 130 choices.

I wasn't sure what you meant by "dangle from a wall bracket". Did you mean like this 'Lorna' clock? (although it's kinda big)

• daki
    16 years ago

Function over form for us. We have a Lacrosse atomic radio clock. Not a very good picture, but it's just a generic looking clock with a wood frame :)

We have an oudoor one on our patio and I love not having to reset the clock, so we went with an indoor one in the kitchen.

{{!gwi}}

I also considered one of the clocks from Crate and Barrel as they have some nice designs, but the automatic time setting won out.

• sandra12
    16 years ago

Here is mine.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

I saw this one recently that I like...but I don't know if it will "fit" my kitchen. It's on sale right now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mission-Style Clock by Studio

• mnhockeymom
    16 years ago

We put ours on the mantel of the hood:

• Jodi_SoCal
    16 years ago

I love anything Japanese so a friend gave me this clock. Instead of English numbers, it features Japanese kanji.

{{!gwi}}

Jodi-

• kimkitchy
    16 years ago

Here is ours. It is from the Great Indoors.

• amcofar
    16 years ago

My clock is big! It came from JCPenney.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

Amcofar, is that the "Mission-Style Clock by Studio"? I saw it in the Penney's sale catalog and really liked it (I linked it above). It is kind of big...I didn't think that 24" was quite so big...but I guess it is...

• Buehl
    16 years ago

Amcofar...sorry, I hope I didn't sound negative...I was just thinking about where I was going to put it (over our sink) but when I saw it in your kitchen I realized that it probably won't fit there...darn!

Maybe I could do what you did...we won't have a backsplash for a while and it could be a focal point....it does look great in your kitchen...it "fits" everything so well.

• amcofar
    16 years ago

buehl: Yes. I believe that's the one. I measured the area between my cabs because all along I wanted a clock to fill that area. My cab guy thought I was crazy, but in the end, he really liked the look. The clock doesn't seem to mind heat, steam or splatters. It wipes off easily and keeps ticking. I got it on sale.

• arlocat
    16 years ago

This is fun until the time changes.

• Fori
    16 years ago

I love the huge clock!

I really do like clocks. Why don't I have one?

• amcofar
    16 years ago

buehl: I didn't think you sounded negative at all.

(OT) My little story about clocks: A few years ago, I had a thyroidectomy. When I awoke after the surgery, I heard people talking. I looked straight ahead and noticed a clock on my hospital room wall. The clock wasn't huge, but in my drug-induced fog, I thought it was gigantic! I thought, "Someone must remove that clock from my room NOW!" Then, I noticed that two men were standing beside the clock talking. I thought the two men, my husband and my doctor, were tiny compared to the wicked clock. To this day, my DH teases me about big clocks.

• pbrisjar
    16 years ago

mustbnuts I have always wanted one of those KitKat clocks. Just could never convince my SO that it was a good idea. Won't really work with ou current kitchen design either.

I do, however, have a virtual KitKat clock on my laptop. I get to see it all day while I'm working.

No clock in our kitchen other than the ones on the microwave, stove and coffee maker. We don't have the wall space.

• boxiebabe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mlraff: That is exactly the style I am talking about! I checked out the web site that you included - www.homedecorators.com , love it! They also have one on there for all us catlovers......

Here is a link that might be useful: Clock for cat lovers

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals