Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Cambria prices per sq foot? + Cambria vs Home Depot/Lowes quartz?

Kristen Hallock
11 years ago

I know all Cambria prices are the same regardless of color and regardless of edge. But what is the average price? I am in New England (Vermont).

Also does anyone have any info about the quality of Home Depot or Lowes quartz countertops? I really really love Cambria (had it before in my old house) and I have my eye on their new color Berkeley. But DH is all about cutting costs and supposedly the quartz at Lowes is $50 or $60 per sq foot. I have 71.33 sq feet of countertops in the new kitchen. And I really like the selection of Cambria. I'm wondering how much more Cambria will cost me. Last time (2005) we had a small kitchen and I think the cambria price was around $5000. This time my kitchen is much larger so I am a bit worried myself.

Comments (92)

• Nancy in Mich
    8 years ago

Mesa Edge at 6 cm

• Robert Svensk
    8 years ago

Visalia Ca. All Cambria colors are $28.00 per sq.ft. Shop around a lot of variation in prices.

• Pamela
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

@Houses14 Who did you find to do your BEAUTIFUL Cambria? I am in Charlotte NC shopping around now, my one quote is 130sqft and I think that is steep.

• Ellie RK
    8 years ago

@Pamela I purchased my Cambria Brittanica for my countertops and Cambria Ella for my island. The price was about $74 per sq ft. for the 3cm size. I purchased it through ProBuild - they're a nationwide company and I just checked, they have stores in Charlotte.

• joshua123
    7 years ago

Pamela - Did you find a less expensive source? I also live in the Charlotte area and am looking for Cambia Brittanica and Ella.

• Pamela
    7 years ago
    @joshua123 yes I did, I went to a company called Universal Stone. A young lady named Tiffany assisted me and I later went back and bought marble for my master bathroom remodel. Unfortunately she contacted me that she is no longer there but with a new company. I recommend this company still, they have a great selection and good prices. I love the Cambria Brittanica I purchased and the backsplash and glass tile above my stove. I hope this helps!
  • transnationalq
    7 years ago

@Pamela your Cambria Brittanica coubtertops are lovely! Stylish and work well with the cabinets. Are you in New England? What was your /sqft cost?

• joshua123
    7 years ago

Pamela, your kitchen looks beautiful. The countertops look great with the cabinets, backsplash, stove and hardware. Now I want to change my backsplash and hardware. Thank you for sharing your photos and information.

• mbm1014
    6 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the best pricing here in MN?? We just had a Cambria "Dealer" come in with $160 per square foot!! That is insane!! Vicostone has some great quartz that looks very similar to Ella etc..

• Molly Phillips
    6 years ago

$45/sq ft at Home Depot. The backsplash matters. I love our quartz.

• nb3101
    6 years ago

Molly, my apologies if I overlooked it, but what type of quartz is that?

• Ellie RK
    6 years ago

I don't know what Molly purchased but it's not Cambria since Home Depot doesn't carry it.

• Molly Phillips
    6 years ago

I may get my Houzz log in revoked because I can't remember. It looks like this, but I'm not positive. I'm sure it was this brand. Super happy with it 4 years later! http://www.homedepot.com/p/LG-Hausys-Viatera-3-in-Quartz-Countertop-Sample-in-Cortina-LG-1300-VT/203659427?MERCH=REC--rv_mobileweb_rr--203659427--203659427--N

• kenstl
    6 years ago

My Cambria quotes have been all over the place as well, anywhere from $92 - $163 sf for queen anne (45 sf of counters, nothing out of the ordinary) which I think is one of the higher price levels of the Cambria? anyway, huge fluctuations in my opinion, quite the racket.

• Melisa Manganelli
    6 years ago
    I am a member of Costco, and they have a members deal with Cambria. Has anyone checked this out & compared prices? I'm wondering if it's discounted, and if so, how much..?
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

Melisa:

Unlike Neolith and Andersen, Costco cares about its online reputation and isn't going to allow any poor installations to besmirch its name. They've leveraged that good name to get a discount on material from Cambria which is why they can be very cost competitive. You're not going to get a Silestone-sell-to-everybody fabricator at Costco.

• Deepak Arora
    6 years ago

I just got a quote for $5100 (after 10% Costco discount) for the following dimensions - Charstone

Top Dimensions (SF)

54" × 86" Island

16" × 86" Island Raised Snack Bar

Splash Dimensions

6" × 86" full height at raised snack bar

Not that cheap.

• Simona Stafano
    6 years ago

It is amazing how prices from state to state are so different. I could not find anything below 75 per sq ft installed. Even with so called “generic” quartz.

• Simona Stafano
    5 years ago

Deepak, you got 113 per sq ft installed. What did you compare it to? Did you have cutouts?

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    5 years ago

There isn't a lot of room for big discounts with quartz because the margins are low to begin with. I have no idea why Cambria decided to put their product in to Costco. I think they are trying for a bigger market share. But it doesn't make sense as the prices don't seem lower at all. Kind of irritating to me as a loyal vendor to them for years.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

Loyalty from a manufacturer to a fabricator? Hilarious. It doesn't matter how much you buy, for how long you've been buying it, or how good your work is. These guys would sell their own mothers on the street corner to make a dollar. The lot of 'em.

• Carolyn S.
    5 years ago

Does anyone know if it's still the case that there's no price difference for different types of Cambria? I'm waffling between one of their "Luxury" designs and one that's not labelled "Luxury."

• Ellie RK
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I remember reading here last year that the prices are no longer the same. The luxury series is now more expensive.

I would just call a Cambria dealer near you and ask though.

• PRO
    Cambria
    5 years ago

Carolyn, our Luxury Series designs have a higher price due to the investment required to create them. Most of our designs are offered at our standard price, though.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

The Luxury Series has a higher price because it can.

• Nancy in Mich
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Here is a link to the designs that are in the Luxury Series. It includes the Brittanicca lines. Anything that looks like sedimentary rock, I would guess.

• susanmcbee
    5 years ago
    I paid $75 a foot in Florida for Montgomery and now want to buy same design for another house in Maryland and price is $90/ foot. I was told this is because the material is imported into Florida. This seems to not be true given the material is fabricated in MN. Why the price differences?
  • PRO
    Granite City Services
    5 years ago

I am a fabricator. Cambria pricing varies significantly across the country. You are correct it is made in MN so "imported" is not accurate. More likely the difference is labor and overhead costs that are specific to your region. Florida's labor costs are likely significantly lower than Marylands. The competitive situation is also relevant as there are regions where Cambria has exclusive arrangements with a particular fabrication shop so there is less competition.

• Dave Murphy
    5 years ago
    We just had 45 square feet of Queen Anne Matte installed in Dallas TX. Install included one sink cutout and one faucet hole. Total out the door was $6000. Crazy insanely expensive, but wow it’s gorgeous.
  • HU-93992877
    5 years ago

I am a current granite/quartz/marble installer and former Cambria installer and I can attest to the fact that Cambria prices vary wildly for area to area. I am located in northeast Ohio, and we received our fabricated Cambria from the Kent OH fabrication shop which is one of the 5 located in North America. Outside of those 5 locales the Cambria slabs are sent to private fabricators which can be of varying quality. The Cambria slabs themselves are of much higher quality than all of the other quartz products that i have dealt with since leaving the Cambria installation company that I used to work for (which is no longer in business.) Cambria uses a higher quality of quartz than the other companies which makes it way more shiny and mirror like than the other quartz products (not everyone likes that, I have dealt with many customers since that chose other products because they thought Cambria was too shiny.) When I was working with them I heard that depending on where you are in the country the price difference for the installed product (by a certified Cambria installer) can be as much as $75 sq/ft -$150. So my advice to anyone reading this would be to shop around. I can’t guarantee what kind of service you will get from any level of company that provides it to you but you will see vast difference in price and Cambria stands behind their product so if you are not satisfied you can contact them directly and they will make the installer make it right or they will take away their Cambria Installation ability. In my tenure with them I went out to repair and or replace jobs installed by companies who had their cert revoked. They take care of their customer. I wish the place I worked for now had the same ethics.

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    5 years ago

I am a fabricator … and an engineer. "Cambria slabs themselves are of much higher quality " - this is actually not the case. The major brands of quartz are all manufactured on production lines engineered and built by a European company called Breton. In my experience (including past fabricating Cambria) the Cambria is no better than other major brands like Silestone or Hanstone. My advice to my customers is to go with Cambria if one of their colors is perfect for the customers project; otherwise there are multiple equally good option for some to a lot less money. As an engineer with previous process control experience I was occasionally sorely disappointed by the poor quality of Cambria slabs. Their claim to be a premium brand is all marketing hype (and they excel at marketing).

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to discover who was the first to introduce popular styles, particulates, and movements; the stuff everyone else copies. In this sense Cambria is the industry leader and that's not hype.

• HU-93992877
    5 years ago

I install silestone and hanstone all the time and they are of much lesser quality with reguards to imperfections in the slabs that a considered saleable. Silestone especially has been pretty terrible lately and Cambria uses a different bonding agent to hold the quartz particulate together which provides much better contrast. You only need to look at a Cambria sample next to any of the other products to see how much better the snake skin appearance is. All quarts products have the same general use benefits though. I would also NEVER purchase a Cambria matte finish. You can even slide a metal glass across it without making an unrepairable shiny mark on it. I have installed the matte finished of silestone and while they are not as crisp they hold up 100 times better. Silestone makes a soapstone look a like product that is great. This is a Silestone kitchen I installed last Friday.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

This resin pooling may be Cambria Stafford Brown or a Silestone Sienna Ridge. I didn't check.

• HU-93992877
    5 years ago

^ that is not a Cambria design that I have ever seen.

• PRO
    Quartz - Stone Care, Cleaning & Repair Experts
    4 years ago

HU-93992877 Caesarstone is not too bad either in a matte finish. Though the issue is that for what ever reason some of the installers or fabricators think they can put a sealer or AKA color enhancer on them to make them more serviceable.

This does not work, in fact makes them water mark from condensation etc off glass etc. Plus making them fingerprint and feel sticky.

Cleaning them with just methylated spirits or Stone Power Cleaner are the best options.

• millworkman
    4 years ago

BRIAN HEIMBACH, nothing like digging up every Cambria post imaginable to post your issues and then giving no supporting facts to substantiate your claim......................

• BRIAN HEIMBACH
    4 years ago

UPDATE: CAMBRIA does NOT honor their Warranty if it is UV (that is Light) damage.

• joshua123
    4 years ago

Oh no! Thank you for sharing so others will know the truth. The first time I went to a stone slab yard and saw all the quartz slabs covered in thick plastic, I asked the salesperson about it. She said they have to keep the quartz covered or it voids their warranty. Basically quartz is damaged from regular daylight and sun exposure. In fact I heard this at all the major quartz distribution centers ,After I asked. Imagine all the people who think quartz is the best and have windows in their kitchen or bathroom that shine sunlight on their new expensive quartz. In addition I was also told by Cosentino that they recommend sealer be applied to Silestone. At Pental they told me to never put hot items on the counter because it will burn. Remember quartz has a very small percentage of quartzite in it. The rest is resins, binders and fillers. The quartz industry has done an incredible job marketing their products. I talked to a salesperson at a slab yard whose owner hates selling about 15 different brands of quartz slabs. This place was at least honest by telling customers it can stain, crack, burn, scratch, chip.... They also say we are not giving you any warranty. When you have a problem it is your problem. The salesperson said the owner doesn’t want to sell quartz but feels like they have to sell it in order to stay in business. Because people think quartz is no maintenance and will last for ever. So there is a high demand for quartz.

I am so sorry you had to learn from personal experience. There are so many experts like Karin and Joseph on this site that I have learned from. It is definitely worth doing some deep research before you spend thousands on countertops. It is worth the time to research in advance. In other words don’t just research prices research the stone, wood or solid surface. Then at least you will know what you are really buying, problems that could possibly occur, what your warranty covers if you have one. and if damage can be “corrected”.

• HU-93992877
    4 years ago

No natural stone including quartz is impervious to uv light, it will all fade. No quartz manufacturer claims it will, no natural stone fabricator/supplier will either which is why no quartz/granite/marble/ soapstone/ quartzite warrantee will be valid in outdoor applications. Whether or not your specific stone will receive enough sunlight for the uv radiation to fade it is completely dependent on how much sunlight it will receive. Every stone surface has advantages and disadvantage. In my personal opinion quartz it the best product for the average person. The downside for quartz is that it will burn if you place something extremely hot on it. It is up to the consumer to do the research to determine what product is best for them. Do not rely on a salesperson to educate you, they just want your money.

• joshua123
    4 years ago

Quartz is not a natural stone.

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    4 years ago

I am a fabricator. "No natural stone including quartz is impervious to uv light" - this statement is profoundly incorrect. Most natural stone is impervious to fading from exposure to UV. I know this because I store hundreds of slabs of natural stone outside and the top slab, fully exposed to the sun, can be seamed up to underlying slabs that have had no sun exposure. Even a miniscule difference in color is readily apparent when parts are seamed together.

Some stones have been treated with dye and/or resin and those stone may react to UV exposure. "Quartz", or more accurately, engineered stone", is definitely sensitive to UV exposure and will fade noticeably in as little as a few weeks.

• joshua123
    4 years ago

I thought HU was wrong but I am not an expert so I hesitated. When I lived in the south all the granite, Quartzite and marble yards were outside. Back then they did not carry quartz.

HU only has 1 comment total and no idea books. I wonder why?

• HU-93992877
    4 years ago

You both couldn’t be more wrong.but good job spreading misinformation. Granite fades like crazy in direct sunlight

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    4 years ago

I am a fabricator - and a professional that's been in the industry for over 20 years. I also buy well in excess of a million dollars per year of natural stone that I STORE OUTSIDE. Additionally, Cold Spring Granite, which is near me and the largest supplier of granite in the country, has THOUSANDS OF SLAB STORED OUTSIDE worth many millions of dollars. You've probably seen some of Cold Springs work; among other things they provided the stone for the Vietnam War Memorial and Mount Rushmore. No one has ever complained about the stone fading, even the solid black stone of the war memorial. So, believe what you will, you seem very sure of yourself and you are certainly entitled to your wrong opinion.

However, for folks that use this forum as an information source they can be confident natural stone very rarely fades from sunlight and when it does it's usually due to treatments like dye or resin.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4 years ago

oldryder is correct. As if I needed to say.

• live_wire_oak
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

One hit wonder no name posters that post factually incorrect info live under bridges. Put your name and face on it as a Pro if you want your whackadoodle tinfoil stuff to get taken remotely seriously. It will still be wrong, but there’s a history of tolerating eccentric whackadoodles. Not huldra and jotna.

Quartz isn’t natural stone. It’s engineered. Natural stone is affected more by acid rain than it is by fading from UV. Which is to say, that “granite” isn’t always granite. Gabbro, schist, feldspar, dolomite——all sold as granite. Not. Not gonna fade either.

• PRO
    Cambria
    4 years ago

Hello BRIAN HEIMBACH, thank you for reconnecting with us. Though neither our Limited Lifetime Warranty (from 2009 when installed) nor our transferable Full Lifetime Warranty cover damage, our Regional Product Representative will be reaching out to you shortly to answer any questions about the terms. We look forward to working together to find a solution.

• BRIAN HEIMBACH
    4 years ago

Cambria - I’m confused... Your company already took the information, sent a rep., made a decision, and called me to say that you were not doing anything. What are you offering now? My question is, why don’t you caution buyers on your website that sunlight can damage your product?

• live_wire_oak
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

No engineered stone is approved for UV exposure. It’s not an industry secret at all. None can go outside. Period. If your professionals that you worked with had done their jobs, you’d be an educated consumer and know that it’s not an exclusion just for Cambria.

Direct sun from standard new windows shouldn’t pass enough UV to damage your floors, furniture, or e-stone. Standard windows already come with UV blocking properties, so if yours are so old that they don’t have it, you’ve got other issues about UV exposure in your house. Old windows need UV blocking film installed to avoid degradation to all kinds of interior finishes. Not just your e-stone.

If it’s a relatively new window, that’s a conversation that you need to have with your window manufacturer. It’s defective. This is Not on Cambria. Or Silestone. Or Pental. Or Zodiaq. Or any e-stone manufacturer. New windows shouldn’t have issues with transmitting enough UV to damage your home..

Poop happens. This isn’t on Cambria. Talk to your window manufacturer.