Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hafele vs Blum Slides

Posted by jensen605 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 12 at 11:59

Has anyone used the Hafele Moovit drawer system?

I'm seriously debating between this system and using wood drawers with Blum Tandem/Blumotion slides.

If you used it, I want to know why you went this route? I really want to do it... but, I'm just not sure. I know I'd never regret going with Blum. But, will I be paying twice as much for basically the same thing?

Hafele is german engineering after all... they cannot be bad, right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hafele vs Blum Slides

I use Blum on my cabinets and only Blum
I had a Hafele rep in trying to sell me their slides, I was not impressed.
Haefele are basically a reseller.
Blums are made in Austria or South Carolina.
Buy the Blums, piece of mind.

o

Love the Blums. Bought Hafele soft close trash units and think they are flimsy. DH is remaking. Perhaps this comparison is unfair but the Blum units are fantastic. Note these are add-ones, you can add yourselves vs. paying top dollar.

o

Dear All,

by coincidence I came across your blog.

It is interesting to see you discussing the pros and cons of Blum versus Hafele Moovit.

Hafele Moovit is a soft closing double wall drawer runner system developed by Hafele and manufactured in our own premises in Germany.

You are not wrong saying that Hafele is also a re-seller - yes we do carry third party brands and OEM products as well, but own brands like i.e Moovit, Lift + Turn, etc. are manufactured in our own factories in Europe.

If you have the time we would like to invite you to our showroom in Glenmarie (Shah Alam) to have a look and feel of our latest Moovit runners, our flap fittig and other high quality kitchen fittings.

Looking forward to welcome you here.

With kind regards from Hafele Malaysia

Here is a link that might be useful: Hafele Malaysia Showroom

o

You are inviting us to Malaysia, if we have time?

And you'll pay for the trip?

OK, sign me up. :-)

Do US citizens need a visa?

TX!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here