Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southernstitcher

Semi Final plan picture-- ideas for 60' pantry space?

southernstitcher
15 years ago

New pantry space is actually 5.25 ft, not 6 as written in picture. The goal was more counter space via newe micro space (not over cooktop), larger pantry, refacing cabinets and fridge not being against a wall.

Currently, pantry is next to cooktop, and will be removed extending counter top, with pot/pan drawers below and micro nook & cabinet on top. Where the new large pantry will be, we're tearing out junk cabs and wall oven. I'm putting a 30" wall oven under the cooktop.

I'm re-considering the fridge move - (Landing space and water line considerations). I'm likely to do post-form laminate, so I don't want a 15 ft run of counter top, and the budget won't stretch for so much new cabinetry. I'm already having new uppers and lowers built by the cooktop, and of course this pantry.

No way we're closing in windows, moving sink, cooktop or doorway to DR. DH put his foot down, not happening.

So, this will give me the possibility of a 60" (or so) wide space for a pantry and possibly something else. It would be 24" deep, though it could be deeper.

Does anyone have any ideas on pantry design, or links or pics of your own to share? I am having a cabinet maker do this custom for me, so I'm wide open. I figure the money we'll save by keeping the fridge where it is means I have more to spend on a fabulous pantry/storage space.

One thing to consider: we're ripping out what I call the old junky area. There was a cabinet and small counter under that which housed vitamins/medicines, cookbooks, and was the landing place for mail and other stuff. We're moving that to the utility room, but DH says he won't use it the same way there - I need that space there for folding clothes, and I agree.

I'm thinking of something on the side of the pantry, mail/paper bins or some such thing. I'm wondering if that should be built into the side of the pantry or if there are other ideas out there.