Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty please-Can you make heads or tails of this?

Posted by NATEBEAR (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 11:47

I've googled and "gardenwebbed" and can't figure out how to read these measurements:
 photo currentkitchenmeasurements_zps1a2741ad.png

I would like to begin playing around with the Ikea kitchen planner. However, I'm unsure whether I have all the measurements here. Are the measurements to the back wall missing? (the wall perpendicular to the garage exit)

Here is an overhead view:
 photo currentkitchenoverhead_zpsd1409e9f.png

Thank you for any help you can offer.

This post was edited by NATEBEAR on Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 11:50

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty please-Can you make heads or tails of this?

The lower set of measurements on the horizontal are "Center-to-Center" measurements.

From top to bottom on the left:
Overall height
Height of fridge space/height of over fridge cabinet/height above cabinet
Don't know: possibly some heights related to tall cabinets
The measurement to the bottom is cabinet height without countertops/the remainder of the 70" height of the actual fridge/ and I don't know, heights taken off that.

o

You only have an elevation (one wall) and an overhead rendering. That's not enough information to be able to enter in the dimensions of the whole space without getting out your tape measure.

o

Thank you ineffablespace and live_wire_oak. :)

I will have Ikea come out and measure the space.

o

Just get out your tape measure. Copy that overhead diagram, and start measuring. From the wall to the corner. Make a note on the diagram. From the inside corner to that outside corner. Jot it down.

Just to play around on the planner, you don't need 100% accurate measurements.

And I don't know if what is pictured is your current space or not, but that fridge is dying to be placed on that pantry run to the right so as to have enough room around the cooking surface. What is pictured wouldn't pass fire safety codes!

o

Thanks for the encouragement live_wire_oak. I do plan to head over there tomorrow for a preliminary attempt.

YES, the fridge desperately needs to be moved! Are you referring to the wall immediately to its right? I hope so because there are water lines behind that wall I would need for the ice maker.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here