Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Iron tones , cast iron sink??

Posted by geomeg (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 11:43

Another sink question...
Anyone have a Kohler cast iron sink? I am looking at these online...
I am thinking of getting the iron tone self rimming one, not sure the color...I need to go and see one in person first.

The contractor called and we'll be starting in the next 2 weeks! Need to figure this out!

If anyone has a picture if one , I'd greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Iron tones , cast iron sink??

My Prep Sink is a white one.

o

2littlefishies-your kitchen is stunning!

Mine is tiny and although I would love a farmhouse sink I don't have any room tor one.
I'm considering the iron tone sink but not to undermount but use it as a self rimming, don't know if that would look good... Maybe undermount is better?

o

I have 2 undermount cast iron Kohlers in my kitchen, perfectly happy with them- not sure what your question is.

o

suska6184- Sorry I wasn't very clear. I was wondering if generally people are happy with them if they scratch and are durable...

o

So far I love mine : ) My prep sink doesn't get a ton of use though. I wonder if it's the same as the Whitehaven apron front I have? They are both white cast iron. I don't know if they are made the same though.

o

Just went to see them in person and they are beautiful! I love the color ones!

o

I don't have a picture, but I have one in biscuit. It's been almost 5 yrs since my remodel, and the sink looks like new. I wanted it because it's easier to keep clean looking than stainless. I use Bon Ami to clean it, and I do have the grid in it. I don't remember the model, but mine is a quite large single sink.

o

I have a white Irontones sink, undermounted. No scratches so far, I do have the Kohler grid in it. I had another Kohler cast iron sink in the kitchen before the reno, I love cast iron. I did consider a Silgranit, but couldn't find a white one to see in person, so I chickened out.

The only picture I have handy is just after installation, before the strainer was even installed.

o

Iroll- what type of counter is that? It looks great!

o

I usually don't get any feedback so maybe I should quit lol...but I do love my Kohler cast iron sink...a LOT. Seems very durable!

o

I also have the Kohler Bakersfield in white. I love the sink...I didn't get a grid initially, so I do have a couple of little gray marks that are stubborn. But you really don't notice them, and now that I have a grid the bottom of the sink is protected against that type of stuff. I just scrub it down with a soapy sponge when I'm done with the dishes and it looks like new.

o

In cashmere
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Thanks for all the pics! They really are beautiful sinks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here