Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help finalizing wall

Posted by birgitta66 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 11:38

I am going back and forth between choice of uppers.

am struggling with the end cabinets on the sink/stove wall. Since I only have 39" to spare after the sink,dishwasher,stove goes in, I've figured one 21" and one 18" would be best. But that leaves me with a 15" tall cabinet at one end (which might seem very skinny)( + 2 " for filler). I'll end up with two 21" cupboards surrounding the range???? Too wide??. Will the variations of cupboard sizes be noticable..
Is there any other configuration of uppers that might work better.
Or should I use a 24" + 15" lowers...

I am going crazy with this wall...

I do like extra space above sink... We have not picked cupboard above stove yet as we need to choose hood.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea planner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help finalizing wall

We decided to pay Ikea to come out and help design our kitchen. We are totally thrilled with the service we have received from Mark Pachan, and he is working very hard to include every element I have asked for in the design. It has been money well spent and I can hardly wait to get started on our renovation.

o
RE: Need help finalizing wall

Hmm, IKEA planner not supported on iPad. Can you post a screen shot or image of your layout with dimensions? The kind that looks like graph paper, not the 3d one. You generally will get better responses with all the relevant pics right in the thread. I'm sure you'll get some great suggestions!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here