Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peanut Butter Knife

Posted by olivertwist (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 11:34

OK, way off topic, but my great long peanut butter knife broke. The plastic handle and screws didn't get along I guess.

I loved it because it was long enough to reach the bottom of a mayo jar in addition to the bottom of the peanut butter jar.

Do you have a long peanut butter spreader that you love?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peanut Butter Knife

I have one designed for mayonnaise -it has an offset blade to get under the rim. Mostly I get fresh ground peanut and almond butter and use a butter spreader.

o

Cutco spatula spreader, its awesome, use it all the time.

o

I feel deprived. All these years I've been using a regular table knife to spread my peanut butter, as well as my maynaisse. :-(

o

Wait, what? I just learned there was something called a grapefruit knife, and now I learn there is a special PB & mayo knife too? I feel very knife deprived.

I never thought about being a special need for either.

o

Quirky, old peanut butter knife I got years ago for a couple of bucks & a UPC label. :)

Photobucket

o

Positively Victorian...an implement for every food...

o

Wow, I had no idea there was such a thing as a peanut butter knife. But now, I MUST HAVE ONE.

o

I'll add my name to the list of those ignorant of the existence of a specific peanut butter knife. Nevertheless, I send my condolences to OliverTwist.

I actually thought this was a thread to say that the knife used to spread peanut butter never comes clean in the DW. Since I'm about to arrange to buy a new DW, along with other appliances, it immediately caught my interest. I'm trying very hard to buy into the notion that I don't need to thoroughly rinse every dish before it goes into the DW. I'm committed to trying the "scrape and load" directions, but it will be hard to do, at least initially.

o

I'm with sail-away. Funny, I thought it was like some litmus test for a DW.

o

Never heard of this either, but simply must have one now. And of course, Amazon knew exactly what it was

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon PB / jelly spreader

o

Ha. Who knew?

o

Ah, but the Amazon one isn't serrated so you can't use the same knife to CUT the sandwich when you are done making it!

Funny, buzzillion dollar appliances, fixtures, etc, and how do you guys live without a PB knife???

:)

I see cutco ones for big $ but I think I will settle for trying this one from Zyliss

http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-31360-Sandwich-Knife/dp/B00421ATIQ

Although the Kuhn Rikon one looks nice too, but reviews say it is too sharp
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Kuhn+rikon+sandwich

o

I've been deprived all my life.

o

That is too cute!
Keep looking at re-use stores and similar - I bet you will find one!

o

Ask you local deli. They might order you one.

Various spreaders are very common in commercial use.

When you are making hundreds of sandwiches a day, having a wider knife for spreading goes a long way.

Since I make sandwiches one or two at a time, it is one more thing to get lost in a drawer.

This post was edited by brickeyee on Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 11:06

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here