Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9268002

comparison of faucet manufact.

User
16 years ago

For those of us (me) who are still trying to absorb all the nuances about faucets and other plumbing items, I googled away and stumbled on this very interesting site where they give a general review of the different compamies. They have many of the brands discussed here, but not all.

Here is a link that might be useful: comparison of faucet manufacturers

Comments (19)

• rgillman
    16 years ago

Fascinating. I hope my gorgeous Danze faucet for the bathroom didn't slip through the QC control cracks in the CHinese factory. Arggggh. But at least my KWC for the kitchen gets high marks. Thanks for sharing!

• flyinghigh
    16 years ago

Great article and a good faucet summary if you click on "Back to Faucet Overview".

We have several Graff faucets we bought from Copper Sinks Online when we bought our copper sinks and have been really happy with them. The reps there told us we wouldn't be disappointed and they were right. Solid feel - even the sprayer is a solid brass with a really nice hose. The rating on the site you forwarded definately underscores that.

Thanks!

• iamnodiy
    16 years ago

Thanks, great aticle. We have Delta and Kohler faucets purchased through a plumbing supply store. I am glad we didn't go the HD route.

• green-zeus
    16 years ago

That's a very cool and useful site. I'm so sick of the junk thrown at us from China, so this is yet another way to be SURE I'm avoiding it!!!

• ctkathy
    16 years ago

Newport Brass wasn't mentioned, but I'd like to go on record that I would not recommend them after my experience. Dealing with Ira Webb to get things fixed wasn't much fun either.

• shannonplus2
    16 years ago

Oh, CtKathy, I was just going to write that Newport Brass wasn't mentioned, and it's too bad cause I love mine so much! What happened with yours? The only down side to mine was the very long lead time on one of my Newport Brass faucets (my other Newport Brass faucet, the #850, was in stock and came in a week from Homeclick.com). But I think they're just great! My plumber remarked when he installed them that it is very rare today to see faucets with no plastic anywhere. Typically even high-end faucets have plastic on the long thingy that is underneath the stopper. But Newport Brass is all brass. The finish on mine (polished nickel) is gorgeous too.

• napagirl
    16 years ago

I, too, thought Newport Brass (made in Calif) had nice looking faucets. Unfortunately, my local plumbing company has stopped carrying them due to poor customer service issues. Didn't say anything bad about the faucet, just that they had delivery problems that held up completion of their customers' jobs. NB also no longer had a service rep in this area.

• atlbeardie
    16 years ago

Having just come home from Expo Design where I was overwhelmed by the dizzying array of choices, this was great information at just the right time. Thanks!

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I keep referring to this post and figured it was worth bumping to the forefront.

• napagirl
    16 years ago

bumping .... before it drops off the forum

• dixiechick_07
    16 years ago

Great article, especially for someone in the sea of indecision on faucets....... Am looking at Graff for prep sink and Kohler for Shaw sink. Is it OK to have two different "styles"??? They will both be seen at the same time, but one is in the island and the other on the wall. Only reason not going with Graff for main sink is no pull down and want minimum clutter on the counter behind the sink, so only want faucet and soap dispenser.
    Any ideas from EXPERTS out there. Would appreciate ANY and ALL advice.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump again.

• hollishenry
    15 years ago

This certainly explains why our $99 Coscto faucets looked so much like the $400+ Danze faucets that Costco was also selling:)

• marthavila
    15 years ago

I missed this thread the first time around, but I'm proud to see that my Graff faucet was among the top-rated! Graff is hardly ever mentioned on these pages and I've often wondered why. They make an excellent, heavy weight, great looking faucet (and sprayer) and I am happy to recommend the product to anyone! Here's a link to the Graff site and a photo of my Corsica below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Graff Faucet

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, Marthavila- that is a stunning faucet. I am the original poster, and I think I ignored Graff thinking it was Grohe. Thanks for pointing those out. (something else to spend tons of time looking into now:)

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Aw thanks, Sheilaaus! As you can tell, I do rather like it myself. :) Do check Graff out.

• sayde
    15 years ago

Just to add: Newport Brass makes the faucets for Restoration Hardware. They have a lifetime warranty. I also had some quick and helpful responses from Newport Brass in response to questions about finishes.

• ni_2006
    15 years ago

bump

• clinresga
    15 years ago

bump