Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What size trash can can you fit in a 15" space?

Posted by front (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 11:16

I want to add a 15" pullout trash base cabinet. What size trash can would fit in there? Will a double trash (one for recyclables fit)? Also, do you suggest making the entire height a trash compartment or to have a drawer on top?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What size trash can can you fit in a 15" space?

Front, perfect question since I only have two cabinets that are 15" wide to use or I have to put the trash can under the sink. I wish I could help you but hopefully others will know the answer.

o

In the line of cabinets we sell, the 15" wide is a single trash can, and the 18" and 21" are double. The full height is a full height door but it has a roll out tray above the can, so the can is still at the same height, if that makes sense.

o

We have a drawer above ours - its perfect for holding the trash can liners, and it happens to also be next to the cooktop, so that's where we put mitts and pot holders.

I just looked on Kitchensource.com and I think the question is how wide the opening for the cabinet is, not how big the cabinet is. So assuming a typical 15" frameless cabinet with 3/4" sides, the opening would be 13-1/2".

Looks like this one will fit.

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchensource double bin trash pullouts

o

We have exactly what sjhockeyfan posted in a 12" interior width cabinet. We completely enclosed the trash compartment and have a drawer on top for dishtowels.trash/recycing photo IMG_0139.jpg

This post was edited by cluelessincolorado on Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 12:21

o

We have the waste pails that sjhockeyfan posted, but I got them at Lowe's for about $50. We threw out the pull-out system because our cabinet maker made one for them.

o

I'm confused by your post WindyCity - you paid $50 for two trash cans that came with the pullout system but you threw out the pullout system and just kept the cans?

o

In one half of my 30" frameless cabinet (so the equivalent of a 15" frameless) I have the rev-a-shelf double trash pullout. The pullout frame is 11.5" wide, and the height from base to top of can is 19".

o

I don't understand how a pull-out "drawer" and 2 plastic bins can cost min. $200. That seems outrageous to me.
What about IKEA, do they have something more reasonably priced?

o

Here is a link that might be useful: 15

o

I have a 15" frameless cabinet for my trash cans. We bought the rev-a-shelf 27 quart 2 can pull outs from Lowes. They're the RV size. The online price shows about $60. We also got the door mounting kit, which was less than $20. The cans are smallish, but we empty regularly anyway. We went with the 2 can versus the 1 large can so we could have a bin for recyclables. We've been using it for over a year with no issues.

o

Thank you everyone again for so many good ideas. Thank you Kathec for letting us know where you bought your rev-a-shelf 27 quart 2 can pull out. I am going to look this up since I prefer two smaller trash cans and to empty them frequently.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here