Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harriethomeowner_gw

Pictures of new granite

harriethomeowner
15 years ago

We had the Giallo Ornamental installed this week. Thanks for everyone's input in the process.

Here are a few pictures:

The faucet needs to be turned to the side (the handle is not supposed to be in the front), and I'm wondering if I should ask the granite people to come back and smooth out the seam. The seam looks pretty good, but I can feel it. How smooth should it be?

Next I need to pick out a backsplash and a vent hood!

Comments (13)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    15 years ago

I think the color choice is perfect, warm and harmonious. I love the pattern and color with your cabinets. When I had granite I chose 4 x 4 inch tiles that were the color of the lightest part of the granite. Judging from the pictures, do you really need a backsplash at all? Since you have white appliances, why not also have a white hood?

Congratulations on a job well done. It's beautiful!

• marybeth1
    15 years ago

It looks so pretty! I love GO I will have it in my powder room. So classic and pleasing to the eye. I don't think I could ever get tired of it.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Oh wow, that GO was definitely the right choice. It looks fabulous. Congratulations!!

• nutbunch
    15 years ago

That does look great in your kitchen. Also love the edge (maybe because it's what I have :>)

• suzatwork
    15 years ago

Looks great!! (That's what I have, too so I'm partial:)

• haileysuper
    15 years ago

I love it too! It looks absolutely beautiful and bright.

• eliza_824
    15 years ago

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

It looks great with your cabinets but I think it would look better with a b/s, even a 2" high (I don't like 4") granite made from the leftovers? Or just a different color paint. I wouldn't turn the faucet around since then you'll be dripping on your windowsill when you go to turn it off (if you're like me and turn off water b4 you dry your hands). I think it looks OK. Sorry can't answer ? about seam.

• glad
    15 years ago

pulls together tour appliances and cabinets really well!!

• harriethomeowner
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We're planning on doing a backsplash for sure. Probably some version of cream with glass accents of some sort, but I need to get to a tile place and bring some samples home. The window frame molding is coming out, and there will be tile up to the bottom of the cabinets and around the bottom of each window.

• ronbre
    15 years ago

that is so yummy looking

• datura-07
    15 years ago

It looks beautiful.

What brand faucet is that?

• harriethomeowner
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's a Moen Solidad. (The soap dispenser is not part of it -- just a regular loose one we already had.)