Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help picking color for cabs with White Macaubas...

Posted by geomeg (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 11:11

Hi everyone,

Demolition has started and now I am stuck on what color to pick for the White Macaubas I've chosen.

Here is a pick for 2 contenders

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help picking color for cabs with White Macaubas...

Here is another with more choices...

o

The first pic is in the actual kitchen, the floor is staying.
Second pic is in a front window, not in kitchen..

o

In the first pic I like the one on the left. In the second pic I like the top right. The macaubus is too white; I think it clashes with the almond-y colors. I love your stone, btw!

o

Thanks for responding. Im driving myself nuts!!!
This macaubas seems to have a lot of greeny grey.
It's hard to pick because I don't want stark white.
Also since my kitchen is in demolition there isn't any light and it's hard to know what it will look like in the space.

o

Hello!
I'm about to purchase white Mac as well and just picked out my slabs today, actually. :) I'm going with Sherwin Williams "Marshmallow" which is a warm white. My island will be SW "techno gray". I just love white Mac!

o

Nice choices! In your first pic I prefer the one on the right, and in the second pic I like the lower left and upper right.

o

Lalalisa- is your white macaubas on the grey side?

o

Why not try stained wood? I just saw a white mac counter top with rift cut oak cabinets that had a natural stain and a slight grew wash. The color was warm and had just enough grey/green/gold tone to make the white mac look beautiful. Had I seen that combo earlier I would have gone for it over my darker cabinet/quartz choice.

o

Stained wood would have been nice with the macaubus. I wanted white cabs though because the kitchen is very small and we have lots of wood already, floors, doors, windows...

I hope I've made the right choice...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here