Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
november_gw

substitute for this walker zanger tile?

november
14 years ago

I've fallen in love with walker zanger's weave tile in equator after seeing in in calliekim's kitchen here. It seems to cost about $45/sq ft, which is over our budget. I've looked at the Susan Jablon site, which seems to have good prices, so maybe we'll do that. Has anyone else used or found a green iridescent brick tile that doesn't cost $40+?

Here is a link that might be useful: walker zanger weave tile

Comments (31)

• november
    Original Author
    14 years ago

p.s. - I should add that I have the FKB backsplash show memorized, and that our kitchen remodel was completed 3 years ago, except for the backsplash!

• teaforwendy
    14 years ago

I am in love with Walker Zanger and their colors, especially the waterfall series for my particular space, so will be watching this thread closely, hope you get some help on this November. Thanks for the tip Kevin.

• rmaxharrj
    14 years ago

How about the glass tiles at Stone and Pewter accents? We used their Sumi-e 1x1 mosaic tiles as an accent in our master bath and love, love, love them. They were expensive, but definitely not $45/sf, although I can't remember exactly the cost.

http://www.stonepewteraccents.com/

They also have beautiful slate borders and tiles as well.

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

kinda sorta close... glasstileoasis.com light forest blend
    {{!gwi}}
    Mosaicsource.com Sumi-e mini brick
    {{!gwi}}
    That one is Atami color and the below is Ogari silk
    {{!gwi}}

• sayde
    14 years ago

Kevin, would love to know how to do the detective work -- I've fallen for the WZ "Gramercy Park". . . .would love to know how to find the original source companies. There are a couple of tile makers who sell direct to the public such as Heath and Trikeenan (at their factory) but I'm sure there must be many others if only I knew how to find them . . .

• honeysucklevine
    14 years ago

Perhaps Oceanside Glasstile Elevations in color Equator.

Here is a link that might be useful: elevations equator

• azstoneconsulting
    14 years ago

Sayde -

Here's where I'd start - COVERINGS - THIS is "the big dance" for the tile market
    here in the US - It's held in April in Orlando Florida - April 27th thru 30th.

THIS is where ANYBODY who IS Anybody in the tile and stone business can
    be found. The largest display of tile in North America - under one roof...

This is the trade show that the distributors come to when they want to pick
    up new lines of tile that they can sell at their stores. WZ is there, and so are
    most of WZ's suppliers.... You can access the glass tile producers on the Coverings
    web site.

On another note -
    If you are setting up a stone shop - I will be giving a 3 hour workshop seminar
    on Friday the 30th, and I will have a booth there at the show - so if you are
    in Orlando that week - definitely stop in and say hi!!!

hth

kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Coverings Web Site

• dawn_t
    14 years ago

Have you looked on eBay?
    I've had these iridescent glass samples (Oceanside) bookmarked, along with a few others - just can't make up my mind :)
    I used the search terms: glass mosaic backsplash tile
    I believe the ones pictured below are around $15 sq ft or so.

{{!gwi}}

• november
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thank you so much, everyone, for the suggestions! I really, really appreciate it. The links are very helpful - there are some great options out there. Thank you!

• petepie1
    14 years ago

I just saw some at Home Depot tonight. Looks like they've redone their custom order tile selection. Here are some from the Home Depot website:

Jeffrey Court Stormy Skies Brick ($14.00/sf)

Solistone Folia Glass Silver Maple ($29.90/sf)

Then, I saw some in my Home depot, but don't see it on their website. It looked exactly like the DalTile Cristallo, but in 1 x 2 brick mosaic. Can't remember the name of the company but will post back if I get there again soon.

• jasonbcross_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I am looking for a couple slabs of Walker Zanger Equator but they name the items themselves different from the rest of the suppliers. I am looking for anyone that may know what product I'm talking about and if anyone else out there knows where I can get it and what other names it may go by. It has lines in it like the equator but it is dark grey and white. If anyone knows anything let me know.

• ekkuo_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

WZ Weave looks like Oceanside Tile (www.oceantile.com)

Oceanside has an online outlet called XS Studio: http://www.xs-studio-by-ogt.com/storename/oceansideglasstile/home.aspx.

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: XS Studio

• katspawprints_gmail_com
    13 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the WZ tile called Sienna Crema Border? Walker Zanger is just so expensive. I need a good alternative. Thanks so much!

• kasstarkster_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

Since everyone has been so helpful, I thought I'd give this a try as well. I am going to use Waterfall, River, color Woodridge as my backsplash with grey cabinets. Much prettier in person than the pictures on-line. First, has anyone possibly used this that has pictures. Second, anyone have suggestions where I can find this less expensively?

• maggieq
    12 years ago

Checking to see if you ended up with the WZ Waterfall....pix please!

• h2ostraat
    9 years ago

I have been so excited about finishing our remodel with the install of the back slash. I chose 2X6 WZ gramercy park in PIPE SMOKE. It took me a month to find a color that was PERFECT. Now its backordered until late JUNE. Help. Any suggestions of something else that has similar look, shape and COLOR?

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Can't you just live without a backsplash for two measly months?

• jmpistilli
    8 years ago

Any suggestions for a substitute for the WZ fretwork tile? I've fallen in love with it for our master bathroom and looking for a similar alternative

thanks!

• kbflooringcenter4
    8 years ago

Available 3x6, 3x12, 4x4, trims and mosaics.

• kbflooringcenter4
    8 years ago

Iridescent sea glass, also available 1"x1" and 2"x7" field tile.

• sheilacasey
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Walker Zanger Granada Grigio Tilesis anyone still on this thread? I am looking at Walker Zanger Granada Grigio Tiles and saw on this thread that azstoneconsulting noted Walker Zanger was a middle man. does anyone know of a look alike to this tile?

• b b
    7 years ago

I'm with you. Looking for the wz weave tile. Would love some leads as well!!

• jess1979
    7 years ago

Oceanside glass tile is the closest. They have a very good website where you can build your own color blend. We have the WZ weave tile and when we needed to replace it I was told Oceanside glass tile is the same as the WZ just different names for the colors. This may or may not be true. We also have the Oceanside glass and it is very similar to the weave. I hope this helps.

• Vicky Ross
    7 years ago

I'm looking for WZ Contessa ceramic tile "Chantilly" 4-5/8" x 4-5/8" in green grey. Any ideas where I might find this? It doesn't have to be exactly this tile. I am remodling my kitchen. The island slab is Verde Tunas and the perimeter is Indian Premium Black. I'd like something with an old world feel. Thanks!

• loliz
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Anybody know a substitute for Walker Zanger Vapore?

• PRO
    Walker Zanger
    6 years ago

Hi everyone, we’d like clear up some misunderstanding that have appeared in this thread. Walker Zanger’s collections are a combination of tiles designed in house, collections made in our own factory, exclusive collaborations with vendors and some collections that are vendor supplied. We specialize in quality, handmade tile and hand selected natural stone tiles and slabs. What makes Walker Zanger unique is the exclusive tiles designed by Walker Zanger, which is why you can only find them at a Walker Zanger showroom or Authorized Walker Zanger Dealer.

To answer specific questions, Gramercy Park is designed by Walker Zanger and handmade in our own factory so not available anywhere else. Contessa is designed in house and made exclusively for Walker Zanger. Studio Moderne by Michael Berman (Fretwork) is designed by Michael Berman for Walker Zanger and handmade in our own factory, thus not available anywhere else. Villa d'Oro (Granada in Grigio) is designed in house and made exclusively for Walker Zanger. Weave is a collaboration with Oceanside Glass and the color blends, the Offset and Stix tile patterns and sizes are all exclusive to Walker Zanger.

We hope that helps answer some of the questions you have. We really appreciate your interest in our tiles, and understand the inclination to save on the purchase, but you can only get Walker Zanger design and quality at Walker Zanger. To find your nearest showroom or authorized dealer, click here: http://tinyurl.com/WZShowrooms and if you'd like to know more about our natural stone selection process we'd be happy to share that with you too.

• Francesca Curcio-Rhodes
    6 years ago

Dear Walker Zanger, do you stock or ship your tiles to the UK? I'm struggling to find any information online.

Thank you,

Francesca

• Pamela Blanton
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get something similar to walker zanger knit tile? I'm interested in the white cotton corduroy. Ok to put on fireplace?

• ericakn
    6 years ago

I just got a quote for over $16 per sq ft for the 6th ave elongated hex. Not finding anything comparable :(.

• Toni McCormick
    3 years ago

I'm looking for about 6 12x24 Tiles Xilo in SMOKE from Walker Zanger--they no longer carry or make it. Can someone suggest a tile place? EBAY doesn't have it. I'd take 12x12 if need be.