Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chairs to go with rustic table

Posted by strayer (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 10:38

Hi! For our kitchen table we have a large rustic pine plank table with trestle base that we love, but we don't love the matching pine chairs with rush seating.

We're going to sell or give away the chairs and I'd like to put more contemporary (but not too out there) chairs with the table.

Does anyone have this kind of set up and maybe could share a picture? I don't have a picture of my table right now, but I will try to get one soon.

Going out of town for a couple of days and I'll check here for responses when I get back.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chairs to go with rustic table

Maybe you could post a picture of your table. I like this combo but not sure if its the direction you are thinking.

o

Yes, just what zeitgast suggests - painted white or colored windsor chairs are a great look with a distressed pine table. In our summer house, we have a pine table and these chairs - a little more formal.

o

I'm out of town right now so I don't have a picture. It's a very large table with 6 chairs. I wax it rather than have a poly finish on it. Painted chairs would look really nice with some pretty cushions. I'm tired of rush seating because it gets torn up too easily. I'll start looking. Thanks!

o

The salt chairs I posted cost about $100 ea. Link is below

Here is a link that might be useful: Salt chairs

o

Marina: I love those chairs. Where did you get them?

o

Canuckplayer - thanks so much! They are from Ethan Allen. The club chairs are in blue leather and the other chairs are upholstered in fabric. They are really comfortable!

o

Pottery Barn has nice wooden ladderback chars.
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/wynn-ladderback-chair/?pkey=cchairs-furniture&cm_src=chairs-furniture::NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

o

Great advice. I think a windsor style chair or some version of that kind of a style, painted, will look nice. When I post my reveal they should be in place.

o

Target. $80 for a set of 2. And the stack for any extras to get out of the way.

o

I Love/like my Pottery barn chairs. They come painted too. They have ladder-back and other styles.

My g/f asked when I am replacing my very old kitchen table, now that kitchen is more modern. I guess I'm just attached to it.

o

These might be a little more modern than you'd like, but I think they go nicely with all kinds of tables. My table looks modern in this shot, but the top is a distressed chestnut, and the chairs look great with it.

Breakfast table

Here is a link that might be useful: village chair

o

lots of ikea options too

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here