Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Source for Bar Pull with Minimal Protrusion

oldbat2be
10 years ago

Is there such a thing as a bar pull / elongated finger pull, with a 1/2 to 3/4 inch protrusion? I am thinking about mimicking the pulls in this image but with mimimal protrusion.

Any links or source suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Contemporary Kitchen

Comments (9)

• ott2
    10 years ago

Hi there,
    I had a couple of places where I needed pulls with minimal protrusion, but ones still comfortable and easy to use. I am in a metroplex area, so it was fairly easy to find places where I could touch feel.
    Topex has several pulls that fit my criteria, and their items really looked and felt great, and the finishes are beautiful (I think!). I ended up putting the "Topex 8-1086 Italian Designs Collection Long Ruler Pull" in a powder bath. I bought mine from Pullsdirect.com, and everything was delivered quickly without any problems. Topex has lots of options for lengths of pulls, and also has some great, minimal-ish knobs. I needed the dark bronze finish, but the brushed nickel finish was particularly warm and beautiful!
    In case you end up considering 1" protrusion, I used Emtek Trinity pulls in my master bath. I chose these pulls because the protrusion seems less that 1", even though it isn't, but the pull is really, really comfortable.
    Good luck! Ott2

• eam44
    10 years ago

Would you consider leather? This is a 7 1/2" pull with a 9/16" projection by Richelieu. You can get it anywhere. It has a complimentary tiny pull for the uppers as well.

Another option, almost 7" with a 1 3/8" projection. Both are available in black as well.

And by the way, Richelieu seems to have a lot of low profile options. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Leather

• ott2
    10 years ago

The Topex 8-1086 pull is 8.25" long, with .5" width, and .5" protrusion. Topex has several other nice pulls that are low protrusion as well. If you want bling, they have some with Swarovski crystals. :) Their design website has the pulls grouped by collection, and then if you click on any item in a collection, you will get details on sizing and finishes. To get pricing, you can google (or similar) the item. I have a couple of pictures for you that will show you my pullsâ¦, and that I need to get the rest of the builder dust dusted...

Here is a link that might be useful: Topex pulls and knobs

• ott2
    10 years ago

Andâ¦, a picture closer up. Sorry for the sideways pics. I'm on the way out the door and don't have time to figure out how to fix! Just tilt your head a little?

• Jordan E
    10 years ago

Love that entire vanity, pulls included! What is the source on your faucet?

• ott2
    10 years ago

JoJoDIYs, thanks! The faucet is a Jado widespread. I bought it several months ago, but I just looked online (because I couldn't remember) to see what model my Jado is. It looks like Jado might be owned by American Standard (DXV?) now, and the model is now Keefe. At least at the time I bought my faucet, I was able to order an ORB finish even though the website only showed chrome and brushed nickel.

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ott2 - thank you so much for posting the pictures, very helpful to see them installed. Your pulls look perfect with your cabinet, I like the ORB. Thanks for the dimensions too!

• Jordan E
    10 years ago

Sorry my response is late, but thanks for the info!! Once again, absolutely beautiful, Ott2!