Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What height is your wall oven at?

Posted by shelly_k (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 1, 10 at 10:27

I am planning on a double wall oven and after checking the specs, it needs to be at least 12 inches from the floor for clearance. I would like it a little higher than this b/c the top of the oven would only be at 60 inches if I just did the minimum bottom clearance.

It seems like the very top of the top oven should be around 70 inches to me. This would put the handle right around my chest level, a bit above.

Does this seem right?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What height is your wall oven at?

Hi! My input is theoretical, but since I have some info I wanted to share it. I am working with a kitchen designer for a remodel we are about to begin. Her advice on double oven height seems to be based on being able to easily read and access the controls at the top of the double oven stack. Her comment is that the top is commonly at 66", but since I am shorter we are placing at 64". I have room for a drawer under it & am able to reach the cabinet for pans above it.

I hope this helps.

o

Since you provide no model info it is hard to give any advice.

The mfgr publishes a bottom height so as to put the controls and oven bottoms at desirable heights for average sized people. Since most women are about 66" to 68" high I would guess putting the controls at 60" makes them at eye level. You are free to place the oven where ever you want.

o

I have the Electrolux 30". The bottom of the control panel is 56" from the floor (the control panel is 6" height). The handle is at 54". I am 66" tall. We have Kraftmaid oven cabinet with a cabinet above and below.

o

Hi! My input is theoretical, but since I have some info I wanted to share it. I am working with a kitchen designer for a remodel we are about to begin. Her advice on double oven height seems to be based on being able to easily read and access the controls at the top of the double oven stack. Her comment is that the top is commonly at 66", but since I am shorter we are placing at 64". I have room for a drawer under it & am able to reach the cabinet for pans above it.

I hope this helps.

o

I have a single wall oven, mounted under my counter top. Consequently, there's no way it could be 12" from the floor. I think the 12" suggestion for a double oven is simply an ergonomic reason.

o

I wanted the readout and controls for my dbl oven at eye level, which puts the handle right at the top of my shoulder (I'm just under 5'4). Our last oven (Fisher & Paykel) was shorter than the one we replaced it with, so it was about 15 or 16" off the floor...but for this one, we couldn't change the upper height, so it's 11" off the floor...to the bottom trim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here