Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seems show worse on light color quartz counter than dark?

Posted by caveman_mike (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 10:22

Do seems show worse on light color quartz counter than dark?

That might influence my cambria quartz counter color choice.

Thanks,
Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seems show worse on light color quartz counter than dark?

Probably, but only because the seam, even if done well in a white quartz counter, will gather dust and gunk, which will turn dark. Eventually, this will stand out against a white counter while it would blend into a dark counter, whose seam is matched dark to begin with. Same idea as with tile and white vs. dark grout.

I ave a nice tight seam in my white Caesarstone Blizzard counter. I barely notice it, but I take care to keep it clean. There was a recent post about this, where I posted pics of my seam.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another Seam thread

o

Shouldn't actually make any difference, especially with quartz which has a uniform pattern. A nice, tight seam with a color matched glue (epoxy?) should be nearly invisible regardless of the light/dark issues. If you're concerned about color matching, get the details from the installers before you commit.

o

It's an art. I have a light colored, uniform quartz. They mix the epoxy right there in your home and try to get as close as possible. They did a great job on my seam, but they scratched my counter cleaning it with Barkeeper's Friend, so they replaced it. The seam on the second counter is color-matched even better and almost disappears.

o

I just got white quartz installed yesterday. I have 2 seams in my island due to a post, and they are not very noticeable. One can certainly find them if you look, but they aren't visible at first glance.

I had black granite in my last kitchen, and the seam was much more obvious.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here