Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

My cabinet door came in!

Debbi Branka
12 years ago

We ordered custom paint, so this is the painted sample that I have to approve. Then they can start building our real island cabinets. I love the door and the color! The cabinets are Pioneer (Michigan company). The paint is Sherwin Williams Naval. My marble on the island will be statuarietto. One of the pix shows the marble sample with the door.

Door against my perimeter cabinets (white). (There is blue pearl granite on the perimeter, white backsplash and navy walls.) Planning on using the same hardware.

Door with marble sample (this is leaning on the pantry door, which is NOT white but will be painted at some point).

Comments (32)

• likewhatyoudo
    12 years ago

wow, that will be gorgeous...

• chiefy
    12 years ago

That is beautiful! Love the color and the style.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited. The cabinets take 5 weeks to make, then installation, templating, marble - oh, it's going to be forever! But it's moving at least :)

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

That's bluetastic!

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Yowza!

• Bunny
    12 years ago

I am generally not a fan of most blues, but I love navy! I would have this in a heartbeat. It will look awesome with your marble.

• joyce_6333
    12 years ago

Superb! Can't wait to see it.

• poohpup
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! That is a really beautiful combination. How exciting!

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

Wow! What a unique, elegant, beautiful combination.

• pghgolfgirl
    11 years ago

That is beautiful! I am also looking at Pioneer Cabinets - have you been happy with your decision to go with them? I am looking at the Madison style door, which looks similar to yours. What style is this?

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

so, did you approve it???

lol

Looks gorgeous!

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

PGH -so far I'm very happy with them, but my marble won't be installed until next Monday (5/14), so while I am using the cabinets and drawers (LOVE LOVE LOVE the soft close!), I'm not using them to the extent I will be when the island is finished. Our doors are Mayfield raised panel by the way. I'm anxious to see yours! Are you in Michigan?

Bee - YES, I approved them :) There are pix somewhere on here of them installed (they were installed April 22). Just waiting for the marble now. Waiting, is the hardest part!!

• aries61
    11 years ago

Here's the link to them installed.

Here is a link that might be useful: deb52899 installed islalnd cabinets

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

hah, the original post was March 13th. Well, at least it was this year.....

(that pretty much sums up my day)

• pghgolfgirl
    11 years ago

Deb: No, I'm in Pittsburgh. I'm down to deciding between 2 brands of cabinets: Pioneer and Wellborn. The one kitchen place I'm dealing with just raves about Pioneer's quality and service. I'm hoping to have a quote by the end of the week from them. Still debating between quartz and granite for the countertop. Your kitchen is gorgeous - so big! Mine is tiny in comparison. Maybe I should have you design mine!!! ;-)

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Aries! I'm not too good at finding old posts!

Bee - we had the design for this done in January. Who would've thought it would take nearly 6 months for an island?? My entire kitchen took less than 2 months!

Thanks CEF!

PGH - I am very pleased with the quality. I really do love the cabinets! I've never had painted cabinets before, but they even sent touch up paint with them. I wish we had gone with Pioneer for the perimeter, but we were new to cabinets and didn't really know any better at the time. On the Pittsburgh note - my husband's company is in Pittsburgh (but he travels and/or works from home). A couple times a year he has to go "to the office." I've gone a couple times with him. It's right downtown. I like to visit!

• drbeanie2000
    11 years ago

Blue Pearl will look really nice!

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Wow! Beautiful.

• Liz
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen together.

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

That looks Gorgeous!!!! I love dark blue- your kitchen will be gorgeous!!!!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Stunning - can't wait to see the full kitchen!
    What a bold move - and I love it!

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

That looks Gorgeous!!!! I love dark blue- your kitchen will be gorgeous!!!!

• adridornelles
    7 years ago

Where I can find the pictures of the finished work?

• adridornelles
    7 years ago

Thank you!

• akahn
    6 years ago

Love Navy, working on kitchen plans now. Cam you please post an updated photo!

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hi everyone. Let me post on Wednesday when I get to a computer where my pix are.

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Here are some pictures:

This last picture shows the kitchen layout, but this was before the pendants were installed over the island and before we installed the wall oven, range and vent hood.

• akahn
    6 years ago

Looks Great! Thanks for posting.

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    6 years ago

oooh la la! Looks very French to me!