Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happyx5

sitting room wet bar - what would you do?

happyx5
10 years ago

I'm really lost and spinning my wheels coming up with a plan for a master bedroom sitting room wet bar. I am hoping to get some suggestions from you all.

This is a new build and the wet bar will be custom built. It will be in an adjoining sitting room off the master bedroom. The architect's drawings show a 6' wet bar on a 13' wall. The adjacent wall has a fireplace, and the wall across from the wet bar is a big picture window, just to describe the room.

I want the wet bar to be a coffee station for me in the morning (keurig), a place to keep snacks and beverages (including wine) for the evenings, and the only "must haves" are sink, obviously, and undercabinet refrigerator/freezer drawers (paneled). One of my main problems is I can't decide what goes above the sink cabinet wise... a valance, or wine rack? shallow upper cabinets? or even how big the sink should be.

The ceilings are 9'. I am not sure if the upper cabinets should be stacked and go to the ceiling (like we are doing in the kitchen, with glass top cabinets for display). Would this look silly in a bedroom sitting room?

Also questioning what wood or finish this should even have... the bedroom will have wood elements (furniture) and a greyish color scheme. So I can't even decide if the wet bar should be wood, to look like furniture, or a paint matched catalyzed lacquer finish.

I know a lot of this is personal taste, but if you wouldn't mind telling me yours it might help me in my analysis paralysis. Thank you!

Comments (3)