Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally have a backsplash!

Posted by kngwd (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 10:02

Well, I've had a functional kitchen for months & months now...actually pushing a year!! But somehow those last little things never got down. So now I finally have a backsplash! I must say it wasn't my first choice (the budget ran out ages ago!!!), but I am very happy with it! DH spent his whole mid-winter break (he's a teacher) getting it up and I love!! Hopefully I'll have window treatments, grout and switchplates by the weekend & I'll post better pics!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally have a backsplash!

Very pretty! Your accent tiles look perfect with your granite. Enjoy!

o

Oh I love it! Great colors and pattern.

o

I love it too! The colors are great together and think about all the dough you saved in labor. I'm getting bids on my backsplash right now and can't wait for mine to be installed. Good job!

o

The colors and pattern are perfect. Good going.

o

Looks great! Great choice of materials, colors, and pattern! Enjoy!

o

Very pretty! I really like the accents tiles...they're just enough to give you a bit of color, without overwhelming the granite. You and your DH make a great team :)

o

kngwd...I love it! What is the name of the 4x4 tiles? Is it travertine? I have very similar ones picked out, but yours look much smoother. I like that better. The ones that I have picked out have more holes. My cabinets and granite are similar too, except I have black and grey in mine. So tough picking a backsplash!

o

Very, very nice. Great tie-in between the cabinets and counter.

o

Thanks everyone! I had my heart set on the $45 sq/ft rhomboid tile, but it wasn't happening. I should admit it, but I think the whole backsplash was less than $200!!

plk75 - they are ceramic, not travertine. I was originally looking at travertine, then saw these at Lowe's. At .33 a tile, I couldn't resist!!! They are Del Conca Agora Almond. They had them in another color, a little darker but it was too grey for my space. They are thick and sturdy and were very easy to install.

o

Your DH did an excellent job - and they look great with your kitchen. Congratulations!

o

Great job and your DH is to be congratulated! The colors are perfect.

o

I agree with all of the above. Fantastic blend of granite, tile and accent tile. CONGRATS! btw: What is the name of your granite?

o

Very pretty backsplash! Looks like you spent more than $200. Well done!

o

Very nice! It really enhances both your cabinets and counter.

o

Perfect!

o

Nicely done!!! Kudos to you and hubby! Enjoy and look forward to more pics!

o

Great job!

o

Nice job!! Those colors, esp the accent tiles, look so great with your granite and cabs. Congrats!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here