Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scpalmetto

Hardware finish?

scpalmetto
10 years ago

This is an early design of what will be the focus wall in our new kitchen. Final design has the bottom cabinets almost equal widths (29.5", 30.5", 29.5") for symmetry. Cabinets will be white shaker w/soapstone counter tops. The floor is antique heart pine. Appliances will be ss.

We'll be using pulls; is there a formula or rule of thumb to follow for how many pulls to use based on the width of the drawers? The KD's drawings show 2 on each drawer. If I go with a darker finish like the oil rubbed bronze, would 18 pulls lined up like soldiers be too much? Do you think only one per drawer would be any better? My DH is partial to the brush nickel finish as it matches the appliances but I have that now and find it sort of disappears in our light.

The cabinets on the remaining walls are not so symmetrical and whatever I go with there will be fine, it is just this wall that you immediately see as your enter.

I'm asking you amazing people with your wealth of information here on GW for your thoughts and ideas. Finishes and numbers???

Comments (3)