Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for matte, cream colored, beveled subways. Any pics?

Posted by sandesurf (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 9:44

Hi,
My name is Elena, and I'm a ABBS survivor... :)
Going on 2 years.
Honestly, this is our vacation/retirement home. IF it were in the home I have to look at everyday, the BS would be finished. It's just that we don't have the time to spend on BS, when we're only there for a couple weekends a month. But...I've narrowed it down to what I think I like, and that's a cream colored, beveled, subway. Unfortuantely, I seem to only find it in glossy, and I'd like to see it in matte. This kitchen gets A LOT of sunshine, so I feel that glossy could be blinding.
Any findings or suggestions?
Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for matte, cream colored, beveled subways. Any pics?

Try matte porcelain tile. It comes in many configurations. Not sure about the bevel though.

Our kitchen gets a ton of light too, and I went with matte on both countertops and backsplash.

Suzi

o

Suzi, thanks for info. Yes, I've seen some matte porcelain, but I really like the beveled look. In all honesty, I have not "shopped" very hard yet. Although I feel as if I have exhausted the local tile stores, there in Lake Havasu, AZ.
Are you in the desert too? Do you have pics. of your BS?
I forgot to add that our granite is Typhoon Bordeaux.
Thanks again! :)

o

My traditional subway tile backsplash is by Daltile and it is matte in the biscuit color, which is, I think, just barely cream. I wouldn't call it beveled, though.

o

I'm moving from the desert closer to the grand kids. We are doing an entire house remodel.

This home is on a hill with beautiful views, and decks and windows everywhere, so I am going with matte. Too much light in the house.

The view takes your breath away, and I wanted a kitchen that did the same thing.

The photo doesn't show the backsplash. Only the decorative band. Backsplash will be laid in 6" tiles on the diagonal, topped or intersected with the band.

I chose a rectified edge (flat square) so they could use a thin grout line. I don't know if porcelain comes in a bevel.

Good luck to you!

Suzi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here