Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you clean your Chef King Griddle?

Posted by Kitten1313 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 9:30

I just got mine yesterday, a 4 burner 7 gauge steel one. I'm already in love. :) I seasoned it. I think I did a pretty good job, though the process made it pretty clear that the burners don't heat extremely evenly. There are four dark brown circles on the griddle from where it lays over the burners, whereas the middle is not as seasoned.

Anyhoooo, how do I clean this bad boy? Last night I grilled vegetables on it, using just a bit of vegetable oil and used my spatula to scrape off any scraps. This morning I made pancakes and bacon, which left quite a bit more debris.

Do you use water on the hot griddle (hibachi style)? Or just scrape? Do you use a special tool? What should it look like after it's been cleaned?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you clean your Chef King Griddle?

Not sure about the Chef King, but If it's similar material, (3/8" cold rolled steel), I can tell you about my Bluestar griddle that's been used daily for over a year. I've never used soap, and only used small amount water (when hot, as a de-glaze), a couple of times. Other than that, when finished cooking, and still warm, I scrape it with a flat spatula, or use this stainless drywall knife which works ideal! Then just a wipe with a paper towel.
In other words, I treat it as I do my vintage cast iron skillets....in time, it will become more and more non stick, and eggs will slide right off :)

o

Thanks for the photo and reply. I need to do a better job scraping - mine looks a little gunkier than that. I'm obsessed with cooking on it!

o

If you have a gunk build up, try he Scotch brite stainless scrubs ... they work great for getting back down to a smooth surface, but remember no soap, detergent or cleansers! oil or water only...

Here is a link that might be useful: SS scrubs

o

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here