Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any BIG tile stores in Dallas?

Posted by msrose (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 9:26

I went shopping for a backsplash yesterday and the choices just seem to be so limited. I didn't see any of the great sample boards I see some of you with. Does anyone know if there's a big tile store in Dallas with lots to choose from?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any BIG tile stores in Dallas?

I haven't been to any of them but I know there are a lot of Daltile locations and I would guess they have a lot. I know there is one on Plano Pkway east of 75. Also if you have a contractor or sub who has an account at ProSource in Allen I think they have a pretty big variety thought maybe not as much as a tile only store.

If you are interested in Prosource and don't have access, answer back on this thread and I'll give you some names you can use. You can buy on a credit card at ProSource and whoever sent you there gets a percentage, so they like it when people buy there but you can't get in unless you provide a name of a trade who is a member.

o

Yes, I need to know too! I went into Home Depot last night because I thought they would have lots of subway tile to look at, LOL. I went to Surface and Decor (although I was looking for something else at the time) and they seemed to have lots of samples up.

http://surfaceanddecor.com/

And I've been in the Surplus Building Materials store. They had so much of everything I was a little overwhelmed!

http://www.sbmtx.com/

o

There's not many tile places open on Sunday, but I see Surface and Decor is, so I think I'll go up there today. Thank you both!

o

The Surplus Building store is about 15 minutes from the Surface and Decor store and is also open on Sundays. It might be worth a look (if you know what you are looking for).

o

Oh no! Just got back from Surface and Decor and now I see your post about Surplus Building store being close by. Oh well, I can aways go back over there another time. I still didn't find anything, but Surface and Decor was great. I finally saw some of the things I've seen on here that I haven't seen other places. I spend quite a long time there and took several pictures of tile with my granite to give me something to think about.

I just googled ProSource and there's also one close to my house in the Mid-cities. Once I find a tile guy, I can ask if this location has a good selelction and maybe I can give his name. I would definitely go to Allan if it has a better selection.

This post was edited by msrose on Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 15:34

o

Im a big fan of Floor and Decor...they are more outlet type but have a great selection

o

Have you been to Natural Selections in Carrollton? They carry Artistic Tile (mentioned in another backsplash thread). I am still looking for a backsplash but haven't gotten very far. I've only gotten a few subway samples from Floor and Decor but none of the colors worked for me.

http://www.nsdesigncenter.com/

o

kiko - I actually went there after I last posted here. They had the Sonoma Tilemakers tile I was looking for. I didn't realize they had Artistic Tile though. Another place listed on Sonoma Tilemakers website is Antique Floors, Inc in Dallas, but I haven't been there yet. Have you?

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Floors, Inc

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here