Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
verde peacock and wall color?

Posted by suzan30 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 9:22

I am amazed at the unified designs everyone seems to be able to pull off! I never realized there were so many little decisions that went into a kitchen. Frankly, it is making me a bit crazy, since I am trying to put in a new kitchen on a very tight budget and tight time line. I had planned to go with tropical brown granite, but at the last moment the combination of red oak floors, natural maple cabinets, and the brownish-black granite seemed like too much brown. So I went with verde peacock. Now I am sweating the wall color issue. Those of you with verde peacock, would you share your color choice? The kitchen is galley style. There is one very large window (floor to ceiling) facing north and it is reasonably sunny.

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: verde peacock and wall color?

I don't have verde peacock, (we have ubatuba), but I think SW Blonde (light gold) would look good with it.

o

I had the same problem (different base colors though) - My GC wanted me to paint after the sheetrock was in & before the cabinets, floors & everything else went in. While I see the logic, I just had no idea what color I wanted. I waited until everything was installed & then brought home what felt like hundreds of paint chips (ok - more like 20). I narrowed it down to 7 - bought the little sample bottles & put up samples throughout until I found what I liked.

For me - the paint color was the most difficult part, but its also the easiest to change if you don't like it.

Good Luck!

o

Thanks for the responses. I have SW Blonde in my current place, and while I love it, I am looking for a fresh start. My GC too wanted me to choose before the cabinets went in so I just went with a soft white, but now that the cabinets are in and I've chosen the granite, I am so-o-o anxious to get this sucker done.

o

I have a friend who has Verde Peacock (or is Verde Butterfly? - they look very similar)as her granite, light wood cabinets (maple/birch?), stainless steel appliances and brushed chrome hardware and she used Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage as her paint color. It looks BEAUTIFUL! Very calming, bright and neutral. I love it! When she sold her house to another friend in our Bunco group she kept the color there. It still looks great years later and is still in style.

o

I used Bamboo C2 paint 407 with Verde peacock in my master sitting area.

o

Im having Verde Peacock put in and had to choose my paint color, too. I got so overwhelmed and confused with all of the paint chips that I just went with Shaker Beige. Its what's in my foyer and my dining room and I figured I will just paint the entire lower floor that color. Also, the wall space in my kitchen that will have paint is so small that I can always paint it again myself. Maybe Ill just wait to see what you put up! HA!

I will post pics in another week or two when its complete.

o

Hi Suzan30,

I love Verde Peacock granite. It has the green, gold,
yellow, blue and black shades all wonderfully flowing
together to creat little petals of movement.
Looking at counters made of Verde makes me want to touch
the smooth surface.

Now let me see your other elements are...

Red oak floors, (Which stain on these floors)
natural maple cabinets,
verde peacock Counters,
Are you doing a backsplash? No worries I love the look
of no backsplash like one of the photos below.

Here are what others did with similar elements, maybe
they can give you some insight into which color.
Lucky for you all your elements are gorgeous so whatever
color (red, Green, Blue, Gray, Yellow...even purple)
you choose is going to look great.
~boxer

Mrao77's kitchen from GW blue walls

emiceekayee from FKBlog

Quilter from GW did Saybrook Sage in her kitchen

Lukkiirish from GW chose this yellow I am not sure
which yellow but it looks lovely.

I love this kitchen. No backsplash but it looks
wonderful. I do not know the color.

Some of these make me think of the above color...
Rich Cream BM

Silver Blonde Pratt and Lambert

Verde Peacock granite

this below is not Verde but it shows a pretty
dark grey green with the maple cabs. A nice option

Sangria by Benjamin Moore paints

Soft white (not sure which) by Farrow and Ball paints

Catmom's kitchen. Not sure the color she used
but a light white gray would be pretty with Verde
counters and maple cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: What color paint with a lt.maple cab. and a deep green granite?

o

Thanks Boxerpups! My yellow is RL Gold Finch. :c)

o

I have verde peacock with natural cherry cabs and oak floor in a sunny room. I have very little wall - mostly windows with wide white casing and open to the dining room. What little wall there is, as well as the backsplash is BM Sherwood Green.

After you narrow it down to a few, be sure to buy samples, let the paint cure a few days and view it in day and night light before you make a decision.

o
another idea

I just painted my dining room BM Coastal Fog and that would go REALLY well with Verde Peacock.

o

We have Verde Peacock and went with a gray-green colour: BM's Nantucket Gray. It's quite green really but depends on the light as it changes from day to night. Oh, and we have maple cabs. Let me see if I can do a picture.

o

Wow!!!! Thanks to everyone for these great suggestions--and especially for the pictures. These are so inspiring. My granite goes in tomorrow and then I'll get started with some paint samples.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here