Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
killinsnakes

Anyone take advantage of Corian Special Offer?

killinsnakes
10 years ago

Corian has a special offer that ends today. Has anyone gotten this and if so, how much did it end up saving you?

I'm the one who painted her countertops a few weeks ago with the chalkboard paint to see if I wanted the soapstone look (which I thought I wanted for almost 2 years now!). After living with the dark countertops now, I don't think I do want dark in my small kitchen.

Thanks to you guys I went and looked at the new Corian yesterday, and have to take back all my old thoughts on disliking it! The new colors are very pretty. I came home with two samples, Witch Hazel and Jasmine. Heck, they even feel good!

I've seen everyones pictures of the Witch Hazel. Anyone use Jasmine and have a picture? Does it look darker than the small sample?

Getting excited now!

Here is a link that might be useful: Corian Special Offers

Comments (10)

• dcward89
    10 years ago

I did. I ordered all 70 sq feet of countertop from Home Depot. I got Witch Hazel which is typically $69/sq ft and I got it for $59/sq ft. Saved us approximately $700. The fine print at Home Depot indicated something like "save up to $400" but they applied the lower price to the whole order. We aren't quite ready for templating yet but the fabricator said to just call when we're ready...they didn't have a time frame on it at all.

I love, love, love so many of the new Corian colors. We are just not "rock" people so when my hubby convinced me to look at Corian, I fell head over heels!

Edited to add: I don't know if you're aware of it or not but you can order a larger sample directly from Corian. It's a 10x10 size and it really helped me decide.

This post was edited by dcward89 on Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 10:21

• Terri_PacNW
    10 years ago

I'll have to wait for the next deal. :)

When we put it in our current kitchen, we received a free sink. That was a $400 some dollar savings.

We are closing the first week of May on our new house. The current counter tops are faux wood laminate.. Blech!

I love the feel of Corian. I find myself rubbing it for no reason. Lol..

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

Granite is the woman at the dance with the stilettos and the seam in her hose.

Corian is wearing the flats.

When the car breaks down on the way home and somebody's got to walk...

• killinsnakes
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ha! Well, I've never worn or owned any stilettos, so I guess it makes no sense for me to try to now! Guess that's why I've taken 2 years to think about it. The stiletto ladies probably don't power wash their own home either! A guy wanted $750 then $550 to do my small house. That goes a long way on Corian!

$700 is a good savings! And I'm sorry about the faux wood laminate...sounds like my basement which also has faux brick, red plaid carpet and dark green wavy plastic glass on the cabinet fronts. It must have been a swingin 70's hangout back in the day!

• dcward89
    10 years ago

HAHAHA...Trebuchet, that characterization of granite vs Corian fits me to a "T". I am the jeans and sweatshirt kinda girl who would rather sit around a campfire and drink beer than go to a dance anyway...but if I do need to walk my "barn" boots as I call them will take me much farther than those stilettos!! Thanks for the good laugh!

• 1929Spanish
    10 years ago

I wear flats and non-stiletto heels. They allow me to be spicy in other ways. Our Corian did the exact same thing for our kitchen.

• twosit
    10 years ago

Wow, those new colors are great looking.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Anyone pictures of these new Corian colors in their kitchen?

• MercerM
    10 years ago

Hey everyone,
    I started a page on this website called, "Corian Countertop -Show your pics!" I'm hoping to gather corian/solid surface pics there to help those with an interest in corian.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0215032828120.html

It would be great to see pics of all of your countertops there, once installed.

To those who are still looking, there are several pics posted there that you may find helpful.

• Terri_PacNW
    10 years ago

I have Maui in my current kitchen.. I'll take and post a few photos tomorrow. tomorrow.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!