Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who makes this?

Posted by CEFreeman (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 9:14

Francoise47 posted a picture of this interesting cabinet.
I'm wondering if anyone knows the manufacturer?
I'm particularly interested in the drawer faces, so if not the manufacturer, someone who makes similar drawers?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who makes this?

Hi CEFreeman,

I clipped that image from the Crown Point cabinetry website.
The company name for the drawer style is "Windsor".
Beautiful, isn't it!?

o
beaded inset

Hi All, To state the obvious, the cabinet picture I posted was a beaded, inset style.

o

Cabinetnow.com has some similar door styles. (That's who vsalz used for that great walnut kitchen.)

o

Wonder who makes those cup pulls? I really like those.

o

I'm going to check 'em out.
I love the clean front, but the very subtle "stepped" detail.
I think these make beautiful inset cabs.

Thanks, everyone!

o

These are beautiful - wish I'd had a bead put on my insets. While I think the "stepped" detail is gorgeous, I'd be curious to see how these drawer fronts are constructed. Are they slabs with mitered trim or true 5-piece fronts? IMO the mitered 'frames' don't look wide (or substantial) enough to be actual frames. My cabinet maker was adamant about NOT adding this type of small trim pieces because he said they'll suffer damage before anything else.

Keep us posted - I'd love to see how you build them.

o

Man, are those beautiful! I really like the inset cabinets in general and that particular design seems like it could work with so many design styles. Thanks for posting!

o

I am having the hardest time finding a drawer face like this!!

I can find the stepped detail, but there's always a rail and stile that's wider, between the edge and the stepping.

Then, I can find a few that mimic beaded inset, but then again, there's a wide rail and stile before the step down.

I found these: Napa, from Barker:

And here it is without the center panel:

Those are the very closest I've been able to find.
I guess I should state that I can find this exact drawer front, but they don't make a door front that matches the Windsor.

Any thoughts?

o

I would call Crown Point and ask them directly about a wall cabinet that coordinates with the Windsor base.

Or, if you live near NYC it is fun to go to the Architectural Digest home show March 22 to 25th.
Crown Point will have a display and salespeople and designers there.

o

1) I hate to talk on the fone, sooooo....
2) using the technology of the 90s, I contacted Crown Point via email the very minute you supplied the name, because they had nothing on their site that matched.
3) Sadly, I'm no where near NYC, but down here in the DC area.
4) The coordinating door is their Amherst, which brings me back to the rails and stiles problem:

WAHHHHHHHHHH

I'm going to keep looking.

o

Cant you mix and match? Are you just buying the fronts? I have been noting that over the months you are getting used cabinets, are you just trying to get new doors and drawer fronts for the used boxes? Or am I thinking of someone else buying cabinets at that place near DC that has reclaimed items?

o

Yes, of course, if something "clicked" with me.
Yes.
Yes.
No.

I haven't found anything I want to mix and match each other with. This is the 1st front that really speaks to me.
I've found others, but there was always something that just didn't give me the 'aHA' moment.

I'll keep looking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here