Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
benjayva

Trash can cabinet vs extra column of drawers

benjayva
14 years ago

I'm trying to find more room for drawers in my new kitchen design. I have never had a trash can cabinet, altho it sounds nice. I have always put the can under the sink and since it is just the 2 of us now we don't accumulate a lot of trash. The garage is close by and I carry big things out separately. So, my question to all of you who have awesome kitchens.... Would you give up the trash cabinet for another column of drawers. I can put the column of drawers beside my ovens but not as convenient to my work space. Advice??? Thanks

Comments (61)

• kristine_2009
    14 years ago

I struggled with this too, because our kitchen is not huge by any means. In the end we did install the 50 gal double waste containers instead of a stack of drawers. So glad we did. It is one of my favorite things in my new kitchen. I have never had waste receptacles inside a cabinet before. It is so much nicer and easier for recycling.

• smiling
    14 years ago

Thanks, Jamie. I think I've got it now, you're choosing between two stacks of drawers (by ovens and by sink), or one stack by ovens, and trash cab by sink. Since you asked for advice, I'd go with the trash cab because you will use it several times a day while the drawer contents that might otherwise be located there won't be used as often. There are more options to locate tools and supplies than trash, so I'd settle the trash location first.

• jeri
    14 years ago

I have never had a separate trash pullout so I may be missing something  but I just do not understand why everyone would not put the trash pullout under the sink if they had that option. IMO that is just wasted space otherwise. It does take planning so that the pipes are not in the way  but many of the great ideas on this forum take advanced planning.

Even if you are a 2 butt kitchen  if you only have one sink and one trash can, there will be many times you will collide. If you have a prep sink  I would put a pullout trash can there as well. I could not justify yet another base cabinet for trash.

What am I missing?

• benjayva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hmmm I was just thinking .... Now, when I'm cooking and cleaning up after dinner I Pull out my trash can from under my sink and sit it out by the DW I throw stuff in while cooking and clearing the table. If I continue this practice with a trash cabinet pull out and its under my sink (not beside ) I will not be able to get in front of my sink. hmmmmmm

• joy910
    14 years ago

Another vote for the trash can pullout.I don't have a huge kitchen so I had the same debate you're having about storage vs. trash -- but I went ahead with the double trash/recycling pullout, and after only being in the kitchen a week I can tell it was a great decision. So convenient! And chances are you'll have more storage in the new version of your kitchen than you had in your old one anyway (at least this was true for me), so it turned out to be fine to give up that extra storage space.

• idrive65
    14 years ago

What am I missing?

A couple things ...

My undersink area isn't "wasted space" -- I store all of my cleaners, sponges, and detergents there, and it's FULL.

I couldn't fit the large trash and recycling bins under my sink, so I'd have to empty them more often.

As I stand at my sink, the trash "drawer" is on my left, dishwasher on my right. Very convenient when cleaning up, no opening the door at my knees every time I need to scrape a plate.

If you don't have the 15-18" for a trash cabinet then I can understand putting it under the sink. I've done that before but I didn't like it, myself.

• jeri
    14 years ago

Hmmm I was just thinking .... Now, when I'm cooking and cleaning up after dinner I Pull out my trash can from under my sink and sit it out by the DW I throw stuff in while cooking and clearing the table. If I continue this practice with a trash cabinet pull out and its under my sink (not beside ) I will not be able to get in front of my sink. Hmmmmmm

I donÂt understand. My trash cans are on pullouts beneath my sink. They simply sit on the pullout so I can pick them up and move them anywhere I want. This is yet another reason I love my setup. I can move them where I am prepping or if I have a helper, I can move it there. CanÂt get any more flexible than that.

My undersink area isn't "wasted space" -- I store all of my cleaners, sponges, and detergents there, and it's FULL.

But I store these things in addition to my trash can. These things donÂt take up vertical space (the wasted space I was referring to) and the bottom of the trash cans donÂt take up much bottom space.

I couldn't fit the large trash and recycling bins under my sink

But with a little pre-planning, you might have been able to. I have 2-13 gallon containers below my deep single bowl sink with full size garbage disposer.

As I stand at my sink, the trash "drawer" is on my left, dishwasher on my right. Very convenient when cleaning up, no opening the door at my knees every time I need to scrape a plate.

I have a garbage disposal, but even if I didnÂt, it is nothing to move it out of itÂs home and place it anywhere I need it  which is part of the beauty of this system.

• lowspark
    14 years ago

jeri, it sounds like your setup is perfect for you. One of my goals in my remodel was to have no two tasks in one spot. My cooktop is separate from my oven. My MW is in a separate place as well. Pull out trash is next to sink. DW is far from main workspaces.

I don't want to pull out the trash can and place it elsewhere in the kitchen. I want it to stay where it is because it's convenient to the main work area, the sink, and to people needing to throw things away without getting in the way of the person at the main work area and/or sink.

When I'm at the sink, I don't want to have to step aside if someone comes to throw something away and I don't want to have to move the can around the kitchen a lot. Before the remodel, the trash was under the sink and it was one of the things I hated most about that kitchen. I ended up buying a freestanding trashbin in order to remedy that situation.

Again, your set up works for you and mine for me. Different strokes!

• olga_d
    14 years ago

Nope, I wouldn't give up my pull-out trash drawer. We have the 4-section type with two big bins (paper and plastic/glass recycling so it's already sorted) and two small bins (garbage and compost). If we were tight on space I'd go for the narrower version with one small and one big bin (for garbage and recycling) but I wouldn't eliminate it unless I was desperate.

• cooksnsews
    14 years ago

The LAST thing I would want in my kitchen is a trash pullout. I didn't design my beautiful new kitchen to store garbage!

I have a plastic frame bolted to the inside of my sink cupboard door that neatly holds plastic carrier bags. Even though I have reusable cloth bags for my grocery shopping, enough bags enter the house that get reused for garbage disposal. The kiddoes take it out to the outdoor bin several times per week.

I'd go with an extra drawer bank.

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

It's a personal decision, but maybe what you need to think about is converting one of your other cabinets to all drawers as well. The last couple of kitchens I have done have been ALL drawers with the exception of under the sink and a corner cabinets.

All of them went from having no trash pullout to having a pullout (and these are smallish kitchens) and no one has regretted it. I think the pullout under the sink is good if you could plan it, but most of my people wanted it next to the sink so they could stand at the sink and have the trash open.

One caveat to my experience. None of the people who went from not having a pullout to having one kept their garbage under the sink, they had a garbage can sitting out in the kitchen.

• shmoop
    14 years ago

I didn't want to give up the storage, either, and I am so glad I still have a trash can under the sink instead of taking up storage space. I would have done it for a new build, I think, but our house is older and we didn't add on when we remodeled. I did made sure that the guy who built our sink (we have a stainless counter and the sink is integral) put the drains as far back as possible to maximize space. Then I got a Rev-A-Shelf pullout (20 quarts? 30 quarts?) with a sideways-mounted trash can that's low enough to allow us to toss things in without pulling out the bin. We do pull it out for big post-meal clean-ups, but to toss a wrapper or something, we just open the door and fling.

• jeri
    14 years ago

most of my people wanted it next to the sink so they could stand at the sink and have the trash open.

Do these people not have garbage disposers? I use the trash can least when I am doing dishes. I use it most during prep.

I agree about all drawers  one of the *many* great ideas I learned here. :-)

• idrive65
    14 years ago

I couldn't fit the large trash and recycling bins under my sink

But with a little pre-planning, you might have been able to.

But if I don't like it that way, why would I? You said "I just do not understand why everyone would not put the trash pullout under the sink if they had that option" and I gave you some examples of why I chose differently. That doesn't mean I think your way is WRONG you know. You did ask a question.

Oh, I thought of another reason -- I have heat running under the sink cabinet to warm my toes in the morning, I don't want my trash warmed!

• honeysucklevine
    14 years ago

There are corner cabinet trash cans that twirl around a pole also.

• donka
    14 years ago

I have mine under the sink. Same sort of idea as you, it was either give up a bank of drawers which now house my cling wrap, aluminum foil etc, a junk drawer, my kitchen towels, tupperware etc. I wouldn't give up that drawer bank for trash. I went with under the sink and am using a pullout under there. Because of plumbing I put one tall trash bin in front and a smaller in the back (on the left hand side) and on the right I have a smaller bin in front and keep a low basket with dirty kitchen towels destined for the wash in the back.

Currently they're swing open doors with bottom mounted pullouts (open door, pull out trash station) but I may go to full pull-outs in the future. These are under our prep sink and work great for us. I compost everything so I don't scrape plates into a garbage bin, I have a compost container on the counter I use for that.

I think it really depends on your regular habits and how you're willing to adapt. I don't like garbage in the kitchen regardless, so I'd rather empty it more often, but we also have the garbage/recycling bins outside a door quite close to the kitchen so we barely use the recycling bins in the kitchen, we just open the outside door and toss them out.

Definitely just think about how you work and what will work for you. For me, more drawer space was more important and my under sink bins work great.

Hope that helps, good luck!

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

jeri,

they prep at the sink, some waste goes into the garbage and some goes into the disposal. One client still throws a lot of food waste into the trash. Everything that can goes into my disposal, my trash is mostly dry.
    Some people I know use the *sink very little when doing dishes, pretty much everything goes straight into the dishwasher.

I think there can be reasons to put trash in a number of locations. Mine wouldnt really have to be anywhere near my sink, but if I had a lot of wet trash, I would want it there.

• emilynewhome
    14 years ago

For small kitchens where drawer and cabinet space is a premium, you can still install a trash pullout!
    Rubbermaid and Rev-a-Shelf are just two manufacturers who make them. I've seen them in different heights at Lowes/Home Depot, so even with those deeper sinks you can find one to fit.

• bmorepanic
    14 years ago

I don't think I would have trash under a sink - maybe an entertainment sink (which I don't have).

Partly that's because I don't have a garbage disposal, prep bits go to compost and plates are scraped into the trash. Partly it's because no matter how much I plan, its not possible to get the piping in the right location with my foundation. Partly its that I don't want to step back from the sink to open the doors. And partly, I just don't like bottom mounted trash cans.

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

i'm planning a bin under my sink. it's just me and I don't have much trash. don't like it staying in the house long anyway.

sink cabs have 2 doors. put the bin behind 1 door, stand in front of the other. if a double sink, put the bin under the side you don't stand in front of...

eks - can you post a pic of your set up? is the slide out attached to the floor of the cab? or does the bin swing out when you open the door?

• eks6426
    14 years ago

I'm in install mode right now, so no pics yet. But the trash can will function basically like a drawer. The glides will be mounted on the bottom of the sink cabinet. It's not done yet. The cabinet guys want the sink installed before they build the drawer part...they will custom build the drawer shape to go around piping if necessary.

The fake panel that is normally at the top part of the sink cabinet is going to be granite instead of wood. I debated about just having the doors be taller, but my cabinets are painted off-white and I didn't want water getting on them all them. An apron sink would have accomplished the same thing but I liked the Kohler Smart divide option which doesn't come in an apron sink. This was my solution to the water on the fake panel problem. So, the pull-out for the trash will have a handle mounted horizontally (I am mounting all of my door handles horiztonally) but the pullout will start more in line with a normal cabinet door than up high.

• joann23456
    14 years ago

We have a small trash can (the kind that uses a plastic grocery bag as a liner) under the sink for our family. It works fine because we don't have much trash. We recycle or compost almost everything.

One of us just takes the trash out each day on our way out.

• skyedog
    14 years ago

We have a very small kitchen but I still went with a trash pullout. It's a double bin so the recycling is there too. It doesn't feel like lost space since there is a drawer on top and I have plenty currently stored under the sink. If had put the trash under the sink I would still have to find room for the recycling, the empty deposit bottles, a compost bin and a various assortment of oddball items.

• marcy96
    14 years ago

One of my favorite things about my new kitchen is the garbage pullout cabinet! It has two pails, one for garbage, one for recyclables. I just love it!!! It keeps the pails off the floor and hides the garbage. Plus it's right next to my sink and under my prep space so all I have to do is open it and push the garbage into it. My kitchen is small/medium and I did give up a cabinet for the garbage pull-out but I'm not sorry I did.

• Julie B
    14 years ago

I love my trash pullout. I have two. One by the main sink and another next to the prep. Love Love Love them!

• willis13
    14 years ago

Another great thread! I'm wondering about this too... I'm really not prepared to give up drawers for trash, and feel trash under the sink is a good use of that space. We compost ALL organics here, and recycle a lot, so our garbage is dry, and doesn't fill up quickly. Currently we have a separate trash can, not under the sink, so I wonder if it will get annoying having it there when people are doing dishes. I guess if it goes under the side of the sink NOT being used for washing dishes it will minimize collisions. We are putting in a recycling pull out in our pantry area, which is across the kitchen (and another debate is whether or not it's too far away to bother, maybe we should just fire it out the door!)

• gwentm
    14 years ago

I tentatively plan on a combo garbage arrangement. In my design I have decided on the separate pull out but it is not next to the sink because I would have had to give up a stack of 30" drawers to do that. I have decided to place it on the other side of the dishwasher, which is to the right of the sink. I plan on placing a small plastic garbage can or wastebasket under the sink that can be moved anyplace I will need it for the convenience of the moment. If I find I don't need it, it will be easy to get rid of. Interested in comments on this set up.

• benjayva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW, Thanks to all for great info. Meeting with KD and builder tomorrow so must decide :) Love this site !!!

• swspitfire
    13 years ago

One of my favorite things about my new kitchen is the garbage pullout cabinet and it is not even installed yet.
    It is still in the box- but it makes me smile every time I see it.
    (Cabinets going in now so I will use it soon)
    Two pails, one for garbage, one for recyclables.
    I love it already!!!
    I think it will be one of the best things in the new kitchen.

• benjayva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

swspitfire, that's what I finally decided on as well. Both my KD and Builder loved the trash cabinet idea. He said 99 % of homeowners do it now. I also don't want any issues with under sink area... ie bigger sink than usual, disposal, pipes, outlets etc etc. So, the trash cabinet was the best choice for me in the end.
    I have started packing and purging.... really feels good. Cabs, appliances, floor (sort of )picked out, deposit to blder and cabinet store done We're almost ready to start :) Must work on granite choice NOW. DH doing electric so he will worry about all of that... lights and placement etc.
    Not ready for the mess but soooo excited. I've started drinking now... wasn't that one of the rules I read here???

• fun2cook
    13 years ago

This has been an incredibly helpful thread to me. I know it's old, but the search engine still found it. Currently I have 2 stainless steel cans (trash + recycle) that sit in front of the water heater closet, in the laundry/mud area next to the kitchen. This isn't very convenient or attractive. I wonder how wide a pull out has to be? To the left of my sink I have at 34" cabinet. Currently there is one cabinet door and a stack of 3 drawers. I was going to convert it to 3 wide drawers and give up the cabinet. But I may be able to give up some width on my drawers to accommodate a trash pull out. Those drawers will hold all the food storage stuff: foil, plastic wrap, tupperware...., dish towels, or one may be a bread drawer? Still working it all out. DH has an OS water system set-up under the sink, so no room for trash cans there.

• lisadlu
    13 years ago

Good thread! I currently have a stainless steel trash can that sits in my kitchen (I've never had a pull-out or kept trash under the sink). I like the idea of the pull-out but have decided to keep my trash can instead because I want the extra storage. For those that do have pull-outs can you tell me if you have a problem with smell since they don't have a lid on the actual can? And do you have a toe kick to open the door or do you have to pull it out with your hand? That wouldn't work for me because I usually have two hands full of trash and would need the toe kick to open. Thanks!

• twosit
    13 years ago

I love my trash cabinet. It is just two of us, but we seem to accumulate a lot of trash. We did not have room for a double trash (one for recycle)in my current kitchen--so that is a priority in the new kitchen design. I also want it to be full height. They are going to make it look like there is a drawer on top--but it will be the one cabinet.
    I am off to see pics of what the toe kick looks like and how it works.

• gillycat
    13 years ago

as long as you will have the space under your sink you can put a pullout there. You can get really nice ones now that are tall or short, single or double.
    The one i have is just under 10 inches wide.

Here is a link that might be useful: narrow pullout for under sink

• love2dance
    13 years ago

Jeri--If you are still on GW--how exactly did you mount that double trash pull-out in your ikea sink cabinet? I'm doing ikea cabs, too and it's what I've been wanting to do--and thought of using the drawers like you have, but I can't figure out how/what to mount in between them to act as the cabinet wall to attach the glides to. If you're still on GW, please let me know.

Thanks!

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Just saw this thread and had to add my 2 cents.
    I had the trash pullout in my previous house and would never do that again. I found that I had real trouble keeping it clean inside (go look in the back of yours if you have one) and I was always pulling out the containers to follow me around the kitchen anyway. I also do not like having to open a friend's cabinets until I find their garbage when helping clean up. You'd think it would be easy to find, but I can't tell you how many times it is a search. I designed our new kitchen to be guest friendly with open shelves instead of upper cabs and a free standing garbage can that is obvious what it is. I like that I can move it easily to where I am working. It has the pedal where you step on it and it opens, so it does not matter if you have icky hands. We tried the auto open ones and gadgety kinds but they all broke over time. Now, I have a white metal kind that opens every time with no batteries and less chance of breaking. I do not like the look of a large plastic can, so was so happy to find this in Walmart for a very reasonable price.
    My cabs will be almost all drawer lowers and my sink will have cleaning supplies and other junk. Like someone else said, we are not building new cabinets to house trash in them, lol.

• kaismom
    13 years ago

I actually did BOTH: undersink pull out plus next to the sink pull out. They are both bottom mounted pull outs, not top loaded trash pull outs.

I will use both systems! I have trash, recycle and two large composts in my kitchen. I made sure I would have the flexibility to figure out what works optimally for me since I need all 4 cans. If I do the top mounted trash system than I do not have the flexibility to figure out what size and system work best for my particular situation. I actually like having the flexibility and trying different things out in the system that I had them do.

Currently, I have a small trash can over a chrome cabinet organizing rack so I can keep trash bags under that rack and the smaller trash can is lifted up a higher. I only have a small amount of trash so I do not need a large trash can. I use the large can for recycle. They are both near the top of the bin because I have the smaller trash can elevated.

A friend of our just did their kitchen. Their compost bin is sitting on the top of the counter because they had not thought about where it goes. Our city composts so everyone has one.

In the future, there will be a strong drive to do city wide composting for cities that already have yard waste programs. This decreases the need for more landfill. Everyone should think about where the compost bin will go.

• Buehl
    13 years ago

One of the things I couldn't wait to get rid of was the free-standing trash can in our old kitchen. We went through several b/c the foot pedals never lasted. Additionally, the dogs would get into the trash, even w/a foot-pedal operated one. We also tried the "swinging" cover kind and liked that one even less! It was not only an eyesore (to me, anyway), but it also encouraged my family to treat it as a basketball hoop for trash!

With a trash pullout, the trash is hidden (no more eyesore) and our dogs cannot get into it. With the two bins, we also now have a recycling bin...so no more piling up the recyclables until someone takes a trip to the garage...especially important now that we are able to recycle what seems to be just about everything! Plus, if I want to take the trash bin out and take it where I'm working, I can...it's easy enough to lift out of the cabinet.

I also dislike trash cans under the sink...they're too small, they're difficult to get to when someone is working at the sink, and for some reason they seem even less unsanitary there (I know, this is perception, not necessarily fact.)

So, as you can see we are indeed all different!

• sadiebrooklyn
    13 years ago

I am also struggling with this same dilemma. I am about to go into the first planning stage with the KD and they have included a pull-out trash cab in the initial quote. I have a nyc galley and am very reluctant to give up extra storage. Right now I am very happy using my japanese design Muji trashcan which is nice looking and on wheels. The top also stays open so when I'm prepping I can just wheel it over to whereever I am working and toss stuff in. I will probably do a pull out small can under the sink for the recyclables (right now I just hang a plastic shopping bag to one of the cabinet pulls - not very elegant!). I've attached a link to the pictures of my Muji

Here is a link that might be useful: My Muji Kitchen Trashcan

• lascatx
    13 years ago

My cabinets weren't working out well for a pullout near the main sink. I did put on by the prep sink and love it, but our main trash and recycling are under the sink -- with a lot of other stuff.

I'm not sure how much space a RO takes up, but we only use the front third of the cabinet since we put the bins across the front and there is just enough room for most trash to be slid in under the sink without having to pull the bins out. Milk jugs require the recycling bin to tilt out. I just had to let the plumber know he'd be redoing it if he didn't pay attention to my plans on this one. ;-) The sink is 10" deep in case anyone is wondering. We looked at the pullouts but got a larger bin and more room inside the cabinet this way.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• donka
    13 years ago

love2dance, Ikea has a piece called a drawer separator or something like that...it's basically a piece of wood about an inch or two thick that is used between the two smaller top drawers on a wide drawer cabinet to mount the rails. Get one of those and mount it in the middle on the bottom of the sink cabinet. Because it's designed for their cabinets it's the perfect width, then you mount the rails for the bottom pullout on each side. There's a thread somewhere on Ikeafans about it, but I can't find it at the moment :( You might be able to google it and find it though.

• petepie1
    13 years ago

Went from a freestanding garbage can to the 2 bin pullout next to the sink (not under it) and I really like it. We're recycling a lot more than I used to now that the 2nd bin is so convenient. A couple of things to consider -- my cabinetry brand only offered the double bin pullout (with drawer on top) in an 18" wide size. You could get a 15" wide trash pull out (with or without the drawer on top), but it was only a single bin. Also, my new sink is 10" deep. Plus the disposal, and the plumbing, in a 33" sink base cabinet, I would not have room for anything larger than a bathroom sized garbage pail under the sink. You may have more room if you have a 36" wide sink base.

• jeri
    13 years ago

Hi Love2Dance!

Did you get the information you needed?

If you are doing a 30" base cab (adjust accordingly), You will need

2 15" deep Rationell drawers (401.070.80)
    1 Akurum partition (Birch: 900.492.43 or White: 000.489.26)

The doors of your cabinets will be the drawer fronts and the partition will work as it does on any cabinet with 2 small drawers at the top - except this will be installed on the bottom

I'll watch this thread in case you have more questions or you can e-mail me. :-)

• katsmah
    13 years ago

I really tried to find a place that would work for a trash pullout without using the space under the sink, but in the end I wasn't willing to give up any of my storage space for garbage. Even though under the sink isn't the best option, its better than walking across the kitchen to get to the can.

• cindyandmocha
    13 years ago

I love my new double bin trash pullout. It solved 2 problems:

1. My first problem was with one of my dog's - Mocha. He is sort of a brainiac, and over the years has learned how to step on the trash bin pedal to open it up, and then search for "snacks". Heck, he's the reason I didn't get one of those foot pedals for water for the sink.

There's no way he can figure out the trash pullout unless he decides to use his teeth on the pull. And he's getting old enough now that his teeth shouldn't be that strong anymore! ;)

2. The second problem was with my husband. It is a war to get him to take the trash out unless it's nearly overflowing - or they simply can't cram anything else into the bin. I swear they would walk a mile around a pile of trash before they would take it outside. Our outside trash is far enough away that it's a pain, but he should really just do it on his way out the door in the morning. The problem with that is, it's nearly overflowing by nightfall or after dinner.

Now with 2 bins in the pullout, I can at least tie up the full bag so that no one else can try to cram anything else into it. There is a second one there for them to start on. Mocha is also bewildered where his snack bin has gone to.

• love2dance
    13 years ago

Hi Jeri--I've been busy so I hadn't checked back, but I'm glad I remembered to today. Thanks for that information! I didn't know there was a partition part I could use since I didn't have any cabs with that configuration. I've got a lot to do at the moment, so it may be a later retro-fit, but I'll probably give it a whirl now that I know how.

Thanks so much!

• susannahdog
    8 years ago

I need help! My pullouts (one in a 24" sink cabinet in a kitchenette, one in a 36" sink cabinet) were great until the plumber removed them to install disposals and then couldn't roll the pullouts back int because they collided with the disposals, which he hadn't seen would happen. He suggested cutting out the metal frame at the back, but how, exactly? Do I have to buy doors for those cabinets and junk the expensive pullout units?

• suzanne_sl
    8 years ago

We had that problem in our guest bath when the plumbing descended into the pullout space. We cut a shallow curve into the center of the pullout back, which in our case was wood. In your case, it depends on what the back of your pullout looks like. If you can mark where the metal frame needs to be gone, you can take the pullout to any sort of business that does metal work and they can do the cuts for you. If the frame pieces need to be reattached to each other for stability, they can probably take care of that too.

• Buehl
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

SusannahDog, please start your own thread asking for the specific help you need. You will get many more responses that way! This is a thread that's well over 5 years old and most will ignore it b/c so many people have started spamming older threads. I opened it accidentally - normally I also ignore very old threads that have been resurrected.

I also recommend checking out the "Read Me" thread.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3638784/new-to-kitchens-read-me-first

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler