Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christine40

99% done!! **Pic Heavy**

christine40
12 years ago

Thanks for everyones help during this remodel process! Here some some pictures! Still more to do--waiting on the light over the table, waiting on a new table and barstools, window treatments, ect! But you get the idea!

Cabinets-Custom by local cab maker BM OC-11 Clay Beige

Island espresso stain on Cherry

Granite-Typhoon Bordeaux

Backsplash-Sonoma tile--limestone field in olive green, crushed glass accents in tweed, and mosaic in dry creek blend

Hardware-Alno, flat black

Faucet-Grohe-Concertto

Appliances-Jenn Aire

LIghting-Hubberton Forge-Exos

Wall Paint-BM Stardust

Family Room:

Marble-Emperador Dark

Fireplace Extroidair gas insert

Desk Area

View from Family room

Fireplace

View from kitchen to family room

Fridge wall

View through kitchen and family

sink wall

Island

Stove wall

Comments (21)

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Wow! Really nice. Love your granite and island. Enjoy!

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

Love your granite, floors, open concept, and the island is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy many happy times in your new space.

• herbflavor
    12 years ago

you have a gorgeous home...Like the amt of wall cabs you ended up with,allowing a balanced ambience[your design eye is very good !!!]

• springroz
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the way you got the openness to work. The backsplash is smashing!!

Nancy

• christine40
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Herbflavor! I had a lot of fun (and stress) doing it! Luckily, my KD was helpful and allowed me not to make a bad decision on anything!

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

VERY NICE!!! Love that granite, backsplash is beautiful, wonderful large window over sink, and the feeling of cozy yet open. What more could you ask for? Job well done!

• fouramblues
    12 years ago

So yours is now officially one of my inspiration kitchens. Stunning. Love the colors, the openness, the WINDOW, pretty much everything.

• joaniepoanie
    12 years ago

Remodel buddy! It turned out gorgeous! Love everything! So warm and inviting. Can you share the make of your table and chairs and/or where you purchased them? I am still looking for the right set....got some good leads on some here on GW, but really like yours..thanks! Isn't it great to be done?!!!

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Nice!!! My favorite part is your curved island top--such a pretty "showcase" for your granite!

• powermuffin
    12 years ago

I agree, that island is fab! Love the granite.
    Diane

• christine40
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Joanie----my current table and chairs is my Amisco, its a formica top and the chairs are metal....very cheap and barely held up with 2 kids!! Now that they are older (and slightly neater with their eating!!)....I ordered a set from amishtables.com-----the imperial 48"round table in a stain to match my island. My other option was Canadel....they are very similar to the amish---pick your table shape, base, chair style, stain, ect. All solid wood..good quality. for me, the amish set was cheaper, and their showroom was 20min from my house!

fouramblues---thank you very much, so a compliment on GW, I never dreamed I would inspire anyone, it was everyone here who inspired me!! Thanks for the compliment!!

• shelayne
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I went to your photo album to see if you had a closer shot of your mosaic behind the range, and you do! Love it!

If that is your "before" kitchen on there--Whoa! This is some change from kinda dark to very light and bright! Very nice!

• christine40
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Shelayne--Yes, that's my lovely 1979-1980 before kitchen! We have only lived here a year, and that kitchen was dark, and poorly laid out. I am just loving the function in my new space! taking out interior walls and soffits helped bring in a ton of natural light! It feels like the house space in the house is so much more usable! Love it!

The mosaic is one of my favs in this kitchen! If you are looking, check out sonoma tile, they have several color pallets to choose from!! thanks for taking the time to check out my pics!!

• joaniepoanie
    12 years ago

Christine---I just looked at your album...what a transformation! Really a superb job! And thanks for the info on Amishtables.com...just checked them out..really some lovely things and I will give them a closer look. Alas, we can't be buddies...my daughter's a Buckeye...but I still have to give you props for a gorgeous kitchen..even if you ARE in "Blue" territory...ha ha!

• CEFreeman
    12 years ago

Lovely. Just beautiful! :)
    I'm putting Emperdor Dark in my Master Bath soon. I love it and will be looking for a complementary paint color...!!!

• flwrs_n_co
    12 years ago

Beautiful transformation! From a dark cave to open, light, bright, and welcoming! The whole area is beautiful! Love the wall color and fireplace in your FR. And your kitchen--gorgeous and supremely functional! Love the color of the floor with your marble, BS, lighting, and all your cabs! Your labor over every decision has really paid off!! Enjoy the fruits of that labor for many years to come!

• christine40
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for all the generous comments!

Joanie.....we didn't grow up here, so we dnt consider ourselves maize and blue...we can still be friends! Please make sure you check out the canadel website too....beautiful things!

• nini804
    12 years ago

How lovely! You must be thrilled...what a great workspace! I love seeing that huge slab of TB on your gorgeous island...we used a remnant of it in my ds's bath...but you certainly don't get the same stunning effect on a small vanity top! :) I also love that beautiful window in the family room...is that a window seat beneath it? Love it!

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Wow, your kitchen is ever so lovely! Love your color choices (your KD guided you well). It's such a warm, inviting space.

I especially love the island and it's curved top. It reminded me instantly of a kitchen I've long admired at houzz.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Kitchen Studio of Glen Ellyn[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/utensil-rack-traditional-kitchen-chicago-phvw-vp~44160)

• Ilene Perl
    12 years ago

Your kitchen and home both look beautiful. You did an amazing job, am sure you will enjoy it!

• likewhatyoudo
    12 years ago

beautiful job! love the island color with the granite. Your island lights are perfect for the space.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!