Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Need hardware help please!

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

We have Emtek Hampton door knobs with number 8 back plates on the doors going from the kitchen to the great room.

We love them so much that we'd like to update the doors between the kitchen and the dining room, into the living room, etc.

The thing is that the knobs that are on the dining room/ living room and closet doors are all much smaller than the large door knobs and I think it might look off scale to put the larger knobs on them.

Emtek Hampton also comes in cabinet knobs in 2 sizes. I'd like to take the larger cabinet knob and use those on the doors which need smaller knobs BUT they don't have a smaller number 8 backplate.... or indeed any backplates for the cabinet knobs.

The existing brass knobs all have backplates so we really need to have them or it means repainting every door (arghhhhhh).

Help? Any suggestions for a source for small backplates? I guess round ones? The Emtek finish we have is 'pewter'.

Also, we'd like to replace some exposed hinges on a bathroom cabinet (yes I know this is the kitchen forum). Can we go from this exposed hinge to a concealed hinge? Or no?

Thanks so much!!!!

Comments (4)